• 108 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2017, 05:06:59 am »
No response. But, I think you gave me one unintentionally....no big deal though. Like you said, it ain't TSA.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 07:04:02 am by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2018, 07:02:04 pm »
I did finish the Coldfire Trilogy before the New Year began. So with Crown of Shadows finished that puts my count at 37!!!!!! Most books I've ever read in a single year.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2018, 07:04:29 pm »
Oh, Tao, I think the ending was superbly done. I really enjoyed it.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:07:44 pm by MSJ »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2018, 07:07:34 pm »
MSJ, that is a lot of books.

Finished Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch (Gentleman Bastards Book 2).

The heist didn't come together very well at the end, imo. Unlike the first book where everything seemed to masterfully fall by machinations set into play by the characters, our heroes this time seemed to get real lucky for no particular reason.

Story/plot/character development though were probably on par with the previous books, maybe a little less (definetly missed the childhood flashbacks). Altogether still a good book. Not sure if he'll be able to squeeze, what 7 total books from this like he said, but I'll keep reading them if they stay decent.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:11:37 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.