I'm not thrilled about dubs as well.

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2019, 03:16:52 pm »
I want like, at least three different kinds of TSA video game off the top of my head:

1. Basically an RTS that combines some of the lighter elements of nation-running akin to Age of Empires, but mostly just something like Starcraft in terms of controls, with Inchoroi = Zerg, Nonmen = Protoss, and obivously Humans = Terrans. The sheer size of the armies you control -- and fight -- should be one of key elements (need something for Sranc to swarm over, and sorcerors to destroy in epic magnitude). All of this spans the history of Earwa, from the Cuno-Inchoroi the Breaking of the Gates, to the First Apocalypse and then finally the Great Ordeal (and whatever comprises the 'final battles' of the Second Apocalypse) -- not necesarily in that order.

2. Action-focused RPG with precision melee combat a la Dark Souls/Sekiro, but with an actually nuanced/fun to play version of a Sorceror.

3. Elder Scrolls-like open world RPG that basically lets you travel across all of Earwa. Character creation, only with better and more realistic combat (things like weapon vs armor choices actually reflect reality, I.E. blade weapons can't cut through heavy plate armor, etc.).

Add Zeum for DLC expansion.

(Really, you could just combine the last two for my ideal TSA action-RPG)

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2019, 01:29:20 pm »
I want like, at least three different kinds of TSA video game off the top of my head:

1. Basically an RTS that combines some of the lighter elements of nation-running akin to Age of Empires, but mostly just something like Starcraft in terms of controls, with Inchoroi = Zerg, Nonmen = Protoss, and obivously Humans = Terrans. The sheer size of the armies you control -- and fight -- should be one of key elements (need something for Sranc to swarm over, and sorcerors to destroy in epic magnitude). All of this spans the history of Earwa, from the Cuno-Inchoroi the Breaking of the Gates, to the First Apocalypse and then finally the Great Ordeal (and whatever comprises the 'final battles' of the Second Apocalypse) -- not necesarily in that order.

2. Action-focused RPG with precision melee combat a la Dark Souls/Sekiro, but with an actually nuanced/fun to play version of a Sorceror.

3. Elder Scrolls-like open world RPG that basically lets you travel across all of Earwa. Character creation, only with better and more realistic combat (things like weapon vs armor choices actually reflect reality, I.E. blade weapons can't cut through heavy plate armor, etc.).

Add Zeum for DLC expansion.

(Really, you could just combine the last two for my ideal TSA action-RPG)
I'm a huge RTS fan but a TSA sounds awful. An RPG like Sekiro could be cool though, like imagine playing as a skinspy and your mission is to infiltrate Zeum or something.

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2019, 10:12:50 pm »
Inb4 anyone mentions FATAL. Don't Google at work!