[TUC SPOILERS] An angel descends (MG Teaser #5)

• 9 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« on: June 03, 2017, 12:17:34 am »

First thing that came to mind for me was Mimara, who is thus far the only person who the Judging Eye deemed holy.

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 07:01:47 am »
I think the Inchoroi are Angels, and that Aurang is a "fallen" angel. Or something like that.

Alternatively, Serwe-Resurrection-Thing happens.

(Serwa and the other Vokalati Swayali descending on the battlefield to retrieve fallen warriors are spot on Valkyrie, FWIW)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 09:13:46 pm by FB »

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 08:03:26 am »
As discussed in the Quorum...the Angel could refer to the No-God. Since the Nonmen refer to it as Angel of Endless Hunger.

Or it could be Kellhus reappearing in the air at some point? Alive, or resurrected, who knows?

Or Onkis?
Mystery denotes darkness

Werthead

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
    • The Wertzone
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 01:34:59 pm »
Huh.

(click to show/hide)

Gorgorotterath

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 01:41:27 pm »
The Inchoroi were referred as the Angels of Flesh, I think in the "Four Revelations...". And yes, the No-God is the Angel of Endless Hunger.

Any other angels?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 09:16:03 pm »
Or Onkis?

Ya know, I'd love to see her make an appearance. Since, ya know, she is the goddess of the darkness that comes before. Also, we get some much about her in TDTCB, with Inrau and the many mentions of the shakers. I just can't shake the feeling that she has a bigger part.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 09:13:40 pm »
My first thought? Sejenus Inri's sudden but inevitable return. With a bit of WH40K drop-pod aesthetic.

SalvatorDunyain

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 12:21:24 am »
When I first saw the teaser I immediately thought of Serwe.  Bakker did mention her as being a cipher of sorts (forget the exact wording) for the books. Maybe crack potish of theories,  but who knows.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 05:25:29 am »
This could be so many things. Just a generic swayali in battle. Serwa specifically. Or it could be the cipher reappearance of serwe in some supernatural form. Or it could refer to kellhus in battle, or pre battle, or post battle--who knows. Or it could refer to the no god (angel of endless hunger ) or the winged  inchoroi . Or mimara in some capacity. Koringhus? Perhaps it is the chariots of the nonmen? Maybe crabfingered boy, infiltrated the ark, cracked the Tekne and is now jet pack flitting about the battlefield, nude (as a phalange-impaired cherub) raining death rays down on all sides while snorting mekeritrig qirri?

Pretty good clue I'd say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walter

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 03:07:22 pm »
In terms of being angelic, Mimara is the only one we've seen ever described as being holy, right?