Recorded Books confirms narrator for The Great Ordeal

• 10 Replies

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« on: March 02, 2016, 05:29:00 pm »
Recorded Books just tweeted to the fan account that Kevin Orton will be narrating The Aspect Emperor #3. 

https://twitter.com/recordedbooks/status/705071484025348099?s=09

Maybe the July 5 date really is solid if this is underway. I made sure we liked/retweeted and did the same on my personal.

We're coming up in the world boys, got publishers tweeting at us now!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 05:54:13 pm »
Well thats pretty awesome news. Is he the same person that did the other AE books?

http://www.recordedbooks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=rb.show_prod&book_id=93937

See attached image below

Digital
"*Item not yet released. You may order now, it will ship when available. Anticipated Release: Sep 01, 2016"

CD:
"*Item not yet released. You may order now, it will ship when available. Anticipated Release: Sep 15, 2016"
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 05:55:03 pm »
Wow, it's hard to read into it for fear of disappointment, but why line up a recording for it if the date is still in doubt?

At least it' some news!
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 06:09:21 pm »
Disappointing if the estimate holds to the book as well but two months isn't that bad.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 06:10:48 pm »
I dont think I'll be paying $100+ for an audiobook, but hey its still seems like good news.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 06:14:32 pm »
I dont think I'll be paying $100+ for an audiobook, but hey its still seems like good news.

Yeah, I just checked my list of things I'd pay $100 for and an audio book is not on it.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 07:04:04 pm »

Well thats pretty awesome news. Is he the same person that did the other AE books?

Amazon says so. David Devries did PoN.  You get to try two free audio books with an audible trial so maybe I'll grab those to see if they're any good when the Slog transitions to TAE.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 07:58:37 pm »
I think MG, as our resident audiophile, prefered Devries to Orton.

EDIT: Typical Bakker news, from a third party, unrelated to the actual paper book, Bakker, or the publisher.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 08:03:48 pm »

EDIT: Typical Bakker news, from a third party, unrelated to the actual paper book, Bakker, or the publisher.

Couldn't expect any less.  Our prophecy is one step closer to being true!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 08:14:24 pm »

Yeah, I just checked my list of things I'd pay $100 for and an audio book is not on it.

You sure you weren't consulting your list of things you are allowed to pay $100 for? Those two lists for me are quite different.

Viramsata? Maybe if we just keep convincing ourselves, and then publishers, that the book is going to be released, they'll be tricked into releasing it...

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 08:28:58 pm »

You sure you weren't consulting your list of things you are allowed to pay $100 for? Those two lists for me are quite different.

Haha, it's where to two lists overlap that is the True List!

Viramsata? Maybe if we just keep convincing ourselves, and then publishers, that the book is going to be released, they'll be tricked into releasing it...

Or perhaps the publisher just keeps saying it will be out hoping that by the time July comes around the book will already magically have been edited, bound and shipped!