Miscellaneous Chatter > The Forum of Interesting Things

How Death Got Cool

(1/3) > >>

Madness:
How Death Got Cool - The latest death trend is a cross between hygge and Marie Kondo: a sign that dying well has become a defining obsession of our time.

TaoHorror:
I didn't finish reading it, simply too foreign to my interests for my corpse's treatment - all of my organs ( including skin ) are available for transplantation with the remainder available for scientific study ( with the caveat I don't end up intact as a cadaver in a med school somewhere, but feel free to pull me apart and study whatever any scientist wants to experiment, etc ). If anything remains, cremation with my ashes tossed off The Skyway Bridge with the direction to spend as little money as possible ( I gave the wife an idea to grab any coffee can and bring to the funeral parlor and insist it has some significance and must be used to house the remains ... no money spent on urns, no nothing ). She can throw a party if she so desires.

So, without judgement, I'm a world apart from any who find exotic treatments of their corpse worthwhile.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 16, 2018, 12:16:00 am ---So, without judgement, I'm a world apart from any who find exotic treatments of their corpse worthwhile.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Certainly seems like a waste of money for someone who's dead.
Though recently I have realized - through personal experience - that much of what is done is for those left alive, and thus the issue is clouded.

TaoHorror:
Agreed, no judgement or criticism from me on how people want to freely/legally spend their dough. Lord knows I've flushed some coin down the toilet over the years. That said, this does have the odor of Pyramid envy  :D ... now, if no one is interested in any of my body parts for the common good ( no big surprise if there weren't ), and it was free, mummification to scare the shit out of people would be fun.

TLEILAXU:
I'd rather be trapped in a wheel of dying geriatrics than kiss goodbye to conscious existence, but in the eventuality I'd want to rot somewhere and then have my children (if I have any at this time) take my bones and exhibit them in their homes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version