Miscellaneous Chatter > The Forum of Interesting Things

How Death Got Cool

<< < (3/3)

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: MSJ on January 19, 2018, 04:26:39 pm ---I've thought about three - though likely I'll be lucky if my family takes the time or spends the money to bury me at all:

- I've heard about the mushroom suit before and I enjoy the idea of decomposing more quickly and recycling my pieces back into the biosphere.
- Similarly, there is a company that buries you in a fashion so that your decomposition directly facilitates the growth of a tree (I'm sure Bakker would love that one - my direct and/or peripheral descendants can sit with the Demonic Simulacrum of me and after a hundred years, its sentience will spark anew ;)). I do like the idea of forest cemeteries.

However, in both those cases, I remain earthbound and thus my matter be obliterated regardless when the earth is swallowed by the sun or otherwise rendered incapable of a biosphere. Thus, the third option:

- Have my ashes turned into a diamond (and subsequently launched into space).

I just can't decide whether I want my matter to be recycled into the biosphere or floating through the abyss indefinitely ;).

--- End quote ---

Those are awesome, didn't know about them. They are tempting ( can the tree thing be done with remains left over after donation? ), I'll stick with donation/cremation for now.

--- Quote from: MSJ on January 19, 2018, 04:26:39 pm ---With every scream, your victims would hear a Tao chuckle on the wind

--- End quote ---

Oh, don't you know it, brother! The opportunity to haunt should convert you cats dissing on the idea of an afterlife.

--- Quote from: MSJ on January 19, 2018, 04:26:39 pm ---I am an organ donor. And, quite frankly how can't you be. That your death might save a life....in all for it. I think its seriously an ass move not to be a donor. Like, why so you need your liver when your dead? If I could save someone out there, just an extra Karma point.

--- End quote ---

With you more than you know - the rub is some people want an open casket funeral ( for which I've always felt needlessly macabre ) and/or donation of skin and eyes mutilating the corpse preventing viewing, etc. But doesn't bother me a bit, any/all of it can be used to help others. Tear me asunder!

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  TaoHorror ---Those are awesome, didn't know about them. They are tempting ( can the tree thing be done with remains left over after donation? ), I'll stick with donation/cremation for now.
--- End quote ---

1. You quoted me, Madness said that. Just letting you know.

2. I said that I want to do the tree thing and put it in my will and all that, even know where I want the tree to go. But, you being up a conundrum. I am also a donor. I will have to see if that's even possible. Now, I am only a organ donor, so I don't see why they can't throw the rest of me into a bag and watch me fork into the many possibilities of the Trance....

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: MSJ on January 20, 2018, 09:36:41 pm ---2. I said that I want to do the tree thing and put it in my will and all that, even know where I want the tree to go. But, you being up a conundrum. I am also a donor. I will have to see if that's even possible. Now, I am only a organ donor, so I don't see why they can't throw the rest of me into a bag and watch me fork into the many possibilities of the Trance....

--- End quote ---

This certainly seems ideal to me. Cut out whatever bits are useful for someone and then put me in a hole somewhere to make a tree :) .
"Put the rest n a bag" - lol

Having been to, now, a few open caskets ... I personally don't really see why you'd do it. The person looks, well, like a painted corpse. Some visitors get something out of it, but I don't. In fact, I preferred to not see the corpse because c'mon,  you really want that to be the last image you see of them?

FWIW, they will still do open caskets if you are an organ donor, and they fill the voids left by the donated organs with structures to make it look like the body is in-tact. As the viewer, you'd can't really tell. Granted, I didn't get an itemized list of what was donated, so could be nothing was actually viable for donation, so maybe I'm totally wrong. YMMV I suppose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version