Miscellaneous Chatter > The Forum of Interesting Things

How Death Got Cool

<< < (2/3) > >>

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on January 18, 2018, 06:02:27 pm ---I'd rather be trapped in a wheel of dying geriatrics than kiss goodbye to conscious existence, but in the eventuality I'd want to rot somewhere and then have my children (if I have any at this time) take my bones and exhibit them in their homes.

--- End quote ---

Now this is a love of life  :D

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 18, 2018, 06:52:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on January 18, 2018, 06:02:27 pm ---I'd rather be trapped in a wheel of dying geriatrics than kiss goodbye to conscious existence, but in the eventuality I'd want to rot somewhere and then have my children (if I have any at this time) take my bones and exhibit them in their homes.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
No, it's a fear of death.

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on January 18, 2018, 07:01:59 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
No, it's a fear of death.

--- End quote ---

Work with me! Well, that would be a strong reason to keep living ...

Madness:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 16, 2018, 12:16:00 am ---all of my organs ( including skin ) are available for transplantation with the remainder available for scientific study ( with the caveat I don't end up intact as a cadaver in a med school somewhere, but feel free to pull me apart and study whatever any scientist wants to experiment, etc ).
--- End quote ---

Lol - bold claims, friend. Probably my organs are already not worth donating to others (much less to science - though, I suppose they'll take any old cadaver so that med students or coroners can learned to carve us up).

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 16, 2018, 12:16:00 am ---So, without judgement, I'm a world apart from any who find exotic treatments of their corpse worthwhile.

--- End quote ---

I've thought about three - though likely I'll be lucky if my family takes the time or spends the money to bury me at all:

- I've heard about the mushroom suit before and I enjoy the idea of decomposing more quickly and recycling my pieces back into the biosphere.
- Similarly, there is a company that buries you in a fashion so that your decomposition directly facilitates the growth of a tree (I'm sure Bakker would love that one - my direct and/or peripheral descendants can sit with the Demonic Simulacrum of me and after a hundred years, its sentience will spark anew ;)). I do like the idea of forest cemeteries.

However, in both those cases, I remain earthbound and thus my matter be obliterated regardless when the earth is swallowed by the sun or otherwise rendered incapable of a biosphere. Thus, the third option:

- Have my ashes turned into a diamond (and subsequently launched into space).

I just can't decide whether I want my matter to be recycled into the biosphere or floating through the abyss indefinitely ;).

Bonus option: Funeral Pyre Party (though, that contributes negatively to the biosphere... but everyone seems to love a good bonfire).

--- Quote from: Wilshire on January 16, 2018, 03:20:32 pm ---Though recently I have realized - through personal experience - that much of what is done is for those left alive, and thus the issue is clouded.

--- End quote ---

Yeah - that's why I've always found Card's concept of the Speakers for the Dead very enticing, regardless of my above choices.

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 16, 2018, 05:09:25 pm ---now, if no one is interested in any of my body parts for the common good ( no big surprise if there weren't ), and it was free, mummification to scare the shit out of people would be fun.

--- End quote ---

With every scream, your victims would hear a Tao chuckle on the wind ;).

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Actually, doing this as a memento mori practice was very common historically. Also, skull dishware!, which I'm sure I've linked around here before.

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  Madness ---Similarly, there is a company that buries you in a fashion so that your decomposition directly facilitates the growth of a tree (I'm sure Bakker would love that one.
--- End quote ---

Seen this and its what i want done with me. I will put it in my will and the funds will be set aside for it. I jus think its awesome.

I am an organ donor. And, quite frankly how can't you be. That your death might save a life....in all for it. I think its seriously an ass move not to be a donor. Like, why so you need your liver when your dead? If I could save someone out there, just an extra Karma point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version