My biggest revelation. The downfall of the Dunyain. (Spoilers)

• 18 Replies

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 09:36:28 pm »
He loves Serwe, Esmenet,Cnaiur, Akkamian and even Proyas, the worst sin however is that he loves himself. Every mistake Kellhus makes is because of love...

My reread of TUC could be a very unprobable thing, so I beg forgiveness if I will mix some fact.

Anasurimbor Koringhus was described as a greater duniyain than his father, right? And one of the main fact about him is saving of defective, little, helpless son with further care.

So I take it some things run in the family and the talent for being  a cold, reasoning, effective thing capable of hacking reality could actually come from being capable of deep emotions -- like, if that conflict is always with you, it's your life-time, personal, permanent gym. In terms of a rpg, you're constanly generating small points of experience by yourself.

That way most duniyains are just anemic and well-bred pug-likes, who have nothing to fight inside them and thus lack most parts, levels and volumes of such skill (imagine an inversion of Moe's issue with Psukhe). They are a deadlock path.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 09:38:14 pm by Simas Polchias »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 12:35:15 pm »
The difference between an externally, and internally, motivated person.

You're basically saying that most of the Dunyain rely on external motivation since any real drive or desire was driven from them. The Anasurimbor, OTOH, have some kind of defect that leads them to have to fight constantly to be part of the Dunyain whole, to master every moment as they war with themselves. They would be driven by some internal desire to belong and to excel.

I think internally motivated people generally outstrip their external counterparts over the long term, all things the same.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 01:37:57 pm »
Yes, you're putting it very accurate about the defect and the belonging (I'm not a native speaker, sometimes it's difficult to express a thought, especially an escaping one).

Maybe that's also Anasurimbor "peculiarity" in context of the sarcophagus? Some uber-stable trait, which manifests itself on many levels from genetics to god know how abstract and subtle.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 02:48:32 pm »
From genetics to memetics, and back again.
(ie from nature to nurture)
One of the other conditions of possibility.