Miscellaneous Chatter > Literature

Three Roses, Bk.1 by Roger Eichorn

<< < (2/16) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: delavagus ---
--- Quote from: Madness ---Alianore intrigues me but I actually felt more sympathy for her sister Jacquetta's character and circumstance.
--- End quote ---

That's interesting -- and not at all unwelcome.  I like the idea of readers being sympathetic to, and interested in, Jacquetta, esp. given how little 'screen-time' she actually gets.

--- Quote from: Madness ---What didn't work for me was Jerome. Essentially, I feel he's marked for the story's ultimate heroic role - the tattoo and the historic reincarnation of the flag - and I feel, perhaps, you're invoking too many "he's not ready" connotations.
--- End quote ---

That's interesting.  Obviously I need Jerome to 'work' for readers.  He does play an important role in the overall story, as you can imagine; but I think you'll be surprised at how that role unfolds.  It's not -- or at least, I think and hope it's not -- a rote or predictable role at all.  He's one of numerous 'narrative unconventialities' I'm hoping will add to rather than detract from the story.

Thanks for the comments!  I wish I had responded sooner, but I've had to put the book aside for some months now.  I hope to get back to it after the holidays.  Maybe I'll even get the beast finished next year...

If I do, anyone willing to be a 'beta-reader'?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---No jokes, delavagus, I was in Chapters just the other day and thought to myself... there's nothing here I want to read (SFF anyhow), I wish Roger's book was out.

I'd certainly volunteer. sciborg, Callan, Francis, and Camlost are also good bets as they seems to have been informally passing their work around to each other already. Plus they're the ones regularly bending themselves to the page :).
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---I think since I've been bemoaning a lack of feedback loops from campfire tale spinner to campfire audience, I should show interest in what does beta-reading involve?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---... I wish Roger's book was out.
--- End quote ---

Me too!   :D

--- Quote from: Madness ---I'd certainly volunteer. sciborg, Callan, Francis, and Camlost are also good bets as they seems to have been informally passing their work around to each other already. Plus they're the ones regularly bending themselves to the page :).
--- End quote ---

Well, maybe I'll post back here when it's done.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---... in what does beta-reading involve?
--- End quote ---

It simply involves reading the manuscript and providing feedback on it.  Any interest?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version