Earwa > The Almanac: TAE Edition

The Slog TJE - Chapters 4-6 [Spoilers]

<< < (9/9)

H:

--- Quote from: Aural on April 05, 2016, 10:54:39 pm ---Doubt Bakker would make a mistake like this. This would be evidence that she's not one of the Swayal.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I mean, we don't know if there are other witches besides the Swayal, presumably there are?  Risking a Gnostic sorcerer seems like a bad idea anyway.

Blackstone:

--- Quote from: themerchant on April 05, 2016, 04:58:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: Blackstone on April 05, 2016, 02:41:03 pm ---
--- Quote from: themerchant on April 05, 2016, 02:18:47 pm ---Just a quck thought, as not started full re-read yet just picking it up and reading a bit at random in the bath.

However i noticed  the Witch in TJE (the one masquerading as a devotee of Yawter) is using analagoic sorcery. Not Gnostic like the Compact. Judging by the spell she casts which is weird.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I mentioned that above. I definitely noticed that. It also describes her as improbably young, which would mean she's probably young enough to have joined after they got the gnosis (I'm assuming the Compact is a group of witches that Kellhus got together and said, start a school, and I'll give you the gnosis) so should be a gnostic witch and not an anagogic witch. So to be honest, I am going to assume this was a mistake in the writing.

Do you think there's some significance to it?

--- End quote ---

Sorry for duplication. Just so often i read something and then forget any significant thoughts I may have had. So typed it out quick without checking.

Mistake is the most likely option (unfortunately)

Another faction working for Maith and his brothers(we hear about in WLW), as a bit later/earlier the Mother Superior mentions he has known about her for a long time.

Mistake most likely though :D

--- End quote ---

No worries at all! I am sure I've done the same. I'm glad someone else thought it was interesting.

--- Quote from: H on April 06, 2016, 10:12:41 am ---
--- Quote from: Aural on April 05, 2016, 10:54:39 pm ---Doubt Bakker would make a mistake like this. This would be evidence that she's not one of the Swayal.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I mean, we don't know if there are other witches besides the Swayal, presumably there are?  Risking a Gnostic sorcerer seems like a bad idea anyway.

--- End quote ---

Authors make mistakes all they time. He's a man not a Dunyain. [Edit: For instance, we are told countless times that even getting close to a chorae will salt a Quya, but the captain (carrying a chorae) is constantly standing right next to Cleric muttering in his ear].

Why would they train one of the few as an anagogic witch? They are a limited resource, it would make sense to make them all as powerful as possible.

H:

--- Quote from: Blackstone on April 06, 2016, 02:55:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: H on April 06, 2016, 10:12:41 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Authors make mistakes all they time. He's a man not a Dunyain. [Edit: For instance, we are told countless times that even getting close to a chorae will salt a Quya, but the captain (carrying a chorae) is constantly standing right next to Cleric muttering in his ear].

Why would they train one of the few as an anagogic witch? They are a limited resource, it would make sense to make them all as powerful as possible.
--- End quote ---

I didn't mean to imply he didn't make a mistake, just pointing out that there is a good deal we don't know.  While it could have just been an author accident, there could be explanations as to why someone would still be training with the Anagogis.

Wilshire:
lmao what a great quote, for all of us waiting for TGO:

pg102 US 1st edition hardcover
Mimara:
What reservoirs of determination would it take? To spend so long immersed in a task not only bereft of any tangible profit, but without any appreciable measure of progress - how much would it require? Year after year, wresting with the imperceptible, wringing hope out of smoke and half-memory. What depths of conviction? What kind of perseverance?
Certainly not any the sane possess.

Madness:
He must have smiled writing these words.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version