Earwa > Atrocity Tales

Hiding your Voice

<< < (2/12) > >>

Wilshire:
“The Nonmen…” he said evenly. “They have taught us how to hide our Voices. How to bypass the Outside, find Oblivion.”

I read this as unrelated to sorcery... Am I the only one? When you die, you are supposed to 'reach' to the demons that will devour your soul. Reach with your voice. I imagine falling through the void is painful, lots of screaming and yelling etc.
Though if "Voices" is capitalized I guess that this makes less sense.

Borque:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on November 17, 2013, 12:35:46 am ---I read this as unrelated to sorcery... Am I the only one? When you die, you are supposed to 'reach' to the demons that will devour your soul. Reach with your voice. I imagine falling through the void is painful, lots of screaming and yelling

--- End quote ---
I haven't thought of this interpretation myself, but it is possible. Still, it seems like something someone should practice, or at least think of as a possible way to avoid damnation. There is no mention of this in the text.

Madness:
For my ambiguity, I'm going to suggest that it is directly related to scaring the world and earning the mark.

Titirga's cipher is that his mark is different. He's doing something different than other sorcerers to earn a different mark. Marking the blood of the onta and having a mark gets you noticed by the gods - probably immediately but certainly faster and with more clarity than the Gods seem to see those non-Few, who have to be sinful or righteous before they become noticed. Avoiding Damnation by hiding your Voice (sorcerous exercise) is still possible while being a sorcerer.

Anutteral ;)?

Wilshire:
no-utteral.

Madness:
Lol - is that a suggestion or are you just knocking my humour?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version