Earwa > Atrocity Tales

The inverse fire.

<< < (27/28) > >>

Madness:
Just wondering if I missed a name drop in TGO. Lol.

H:

--- Quote from: Madness on July 27, 2016, 06:53:52 pm ---Just wondering if I missed a name drop in TGO. Lol.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I believe I said it before some where, but the spolier warning on the False Sun really doesn't seem to be about any of the books so far...which means, it must have spoilers for TUC...

The Sharmat:
Belated "Why is it the Inverse Fire" comment here, but: I just assumed it was a play on Tolkien's concept of "The Secret Fire" (the power of true creation) and didn't think about it any further than that.

Madness:

--- Quote from: The Sharmat on August 18, 2016, 01:25:04 am ---Belated "Why is it the Inverse Fire" comment here, but: I just assumed it was a play on Tolkien's concept of "The Secret Fire" (the power of true creation) and didn't think about it any further than that.

--- End quote ---

I've always assumed there's some kind of nod there but don't know the Silmarillion well enough to start guessing.

The Sharmat:
IIRC (it's been years) The Secret Fire was the hidden power of creation that Eru Iluvatar used to create the world. All the Valar and Maiar could do was manipulate what was already created. Melkor's deep envy for this power caused his initial rebellion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version