mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2015, 05:17:30 pm »
Welcome to the forum Darzin (insofar as this is your first post here).

Thanks.

I might have meant chapter four or six, I was listening to the audio book.

I might be an idiot but I still can't find it, what was it that sparked the idea if you just remember some words I can search the E-book. I really like the idea of Meppa as a Saul/Paul type figure so I'd like to see what gave you that idea.

hi Darzin!  what does your name mean?

if Meppa is Paul, maybe we can expect some epistles from him?

if Meppa knows what's really going on, then is the whole Great Ordeal just a monstrous distraction?  to distract the gods?  then Meppa will ascend and murder the heavens while Yatwer and co are staring down at the fight on Gongorea?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2015, 01:11:03 pm »
if Meppa knows what's really going on, then is the whole Great Ordeal just a monstrous distraction?  to distract the gods?  then Meppa will ascend and murder the heavens while Yatwer and co are staring down at the fight on Gongorea?
And thus one of the Moenghus' sons controls the Outside, one the inside, and one the religious center.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2015, 08:16:12 pm »
Meppa, the man that is always on my mind. You know, I'd love Cnaüir to still have a part in this. My money is that Meppa=Moe(intellect)+Cnaüir (passion). But, the more I think about the scene where this supposedly happens, one thing strikes me. When Cnaüir is putting the chorae to Moe's cheek, he says that the God stares back at him or something along those lines. I'm not good on the meta parts of this series, but it seems, to me, to show that they are joining the god. Like, this is why Meppa's Water is so strong. Its like the God had a hand in this thing. Almost, like how Yatwer is intervening, the God is using Meppa as his tool. I have a rough time explaining what I'm meaning here, but that's the gist of it. It would definitely align Meppa against the Consult if that's the case. The God don't wanna be wiped out.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2015, 11:54:40 pm »
Meppa, the man that is always on my mind. You know, I'd love Cnaüir to still have a part in this. My money is that Meppa=Moe(intellect)+Cnaüir (passion). But, the more I think about the scene where this supposedly happens, one thing strikes me. When Cnaüir is putting the chorae to Moe's cheek, he says that the God stares back at him or something along those lines. I'm not good on the meta parts of this series, but it seems, to me, to show that they are joining the god. Like, this is why Meppa's Water is so strong. Its like the God had a hand in this thing. Almost, like how Yatwer is intervening, the God is using Meppa as his tool. I have a rough time explaining what I'm meaning here, but that's the gist of it. It would definitely align Meppa against the Consult if that's the case. The God don't wanna be wiped out.

awesome!  Moe infiltrates God then controls the Deity manipulating Meppa/WLW/everything else from Heaven!

when the Consult manage to capture God in the Carapace, little do they know that it will be a dunyain and he was planning on being there all along!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2015, 01:45:32 pm »
Other than a bothersome interview with Bakker indicating otherwise, I would also think it was plausible that meppa was Cnaiur. It's a shame he's gone.

Recall that turning someone into a salt statue is a fairly well known biblical allusion. "Seeing god" in that situations seems like a reasonable metaphor, not necessarily literal, but there in lies the mystery.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2015, 05:42:19 pm »
Other than a bothersome interview with Bakker indicating otherwise, I would also think it was plausible that meppa was Cnaiur. It's a shame he's gone.

Recall that turning someone into a salt statue is a fairly well known biblical allusion. "Seeing god" in that situations seems like a reasonable metaphor, not necessarily literal, but there in lies the mystery.

ah!  but Lott's wife turned to salt for looking back at the City of Sin!  but you are right, she was looking at where God's wrath was happening.  was she turned to salt because she refused to follow the instructions blindly or because she saw God?  idk.  maybe the avenging angels just needed a lot of salt for eating all the cooked corpses in Sodom

so Moe was totally wearing some other Cishaurim's skin.  so when the salting happened, the real Moe just crawled out of the husk a few minutes later.  that's why Kellhus' knife strike drew blood, but didn't kill Moe

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2015, 05:37:00 pm »
There is a lovely animated bit about Sodom and gamora. I'll have to post it here if I find it.

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2015, 08:50:02 pm »
This one? http://youtu.be/bar3GOzDNzg

"De-sexing stick"
"Wutrim kut mi’puru kamuir!"

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2015, 04:53:51 pm »
I love this thread. I think Som put forth that Meppa is Cnaüir/Moe, Only the chorae stopped the transfer. I disagree, I believe the chorae finished the transfer. Meppa is so powerful because he has the well of passion that is Cnaüir. As for the amnesia, well he is still Dunyain, and it doesn't seem far-fetched to me that Moe could pull off that lie. I also like the idea that whatever want down in Kyudea, was transfered to a completely other person. That would then account for the nut brown skin. I don't really think that has to be the case though, since Cnaüir has spent the last couple of years in the deserts of Kian. The Swazond? No longer there, they are what healed them and was part of the transfer, imo. Just everything previous to Moe and Cnaüir in that cavern, imho, points to Moe having already thought this through and being yet again, a step ahead of Kellhus.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2015, 07:22:38 pm »
Do we actually see Meppa's arms to know whether they are scarred or not?

There is of course the possibility that Moe didn't transfer into Cnaüir's body, but rather, somehow used him to transfer to another person.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2015, 07:58:57 pm »

There is of course the possibility that Moe didn't transfer into Cnaüir's body, but rather, somehow used him to transfer to another person.

AFAIK, there is never anything said about Meppa's arms. I like the idea of it transferring to another body also.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2016, 07:22:48 pm »
There is a lovely animated bit about Sodom and gamora. I'll have to post it here if I find it.
This one? http://youtu.be/bar3GOzDNzg

"De-sexing stick"
lol yes. Love this clip.
"snuts"

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2016, 11:04:42 pm »

AFAIK, there is never anything said about Meppa's arms. I like the idea of it transferring to another body also.

Right, but if Meppa had arms cover in swazond it would be pointed out. Likewise, if he were 60 or 70 years old (which Cnaiur and Moe are) it would describe him as being old. I get the feeling he is probably 40. An unremarkable age. Does anyone know if there's a description of his age?
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2016, 04:30:52 pm »
Physical appearance but nothing about age. No one really knows anything about him, so it'd be tough for them to have an accurate age I think.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2016, 04:37:08 pm »
I've never been particularly fond of the Meppa=Cnaüir connection, yet I'm not a fan of Moe just totally messed up and got killed either.

Meppa was certainly "made" by the events that ended the Cishaurim.  It could be that Meppa was a Primary that was held back (for some reason, maybe by Moe) and perhaps underwent a "soul-transfer" of sorts.  Maybe from Moe, maybe from some other Primary.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira