What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2013, 08:14:57 pm »
Quote from: Duskweaver
Quote from: Madness
I have some serious impressions that the fifth Tribe remaining beyond the mountains has a whole Inchoroi, Consult, worship culture going on.
But isn't it suggested that the Inchoroi incited the other four tribes to migrate into Eärwa to exterminate the Nonmen? It would seem strange for the one tribe that actually worshipped the Inchoroi to be the one that wasn't successfully manipulated into invading.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2013, 08:15:08 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
Scylvendi anyone?  Lokung IS Mog.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2013, 08:15:14 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
I have some serious impressions that the fifth Tribe remaining beyond the mountains has a whole Inchoroi, Consult, worship culture going on.
But isn't it suggested that the Inchoroi incited the other four tribes to migrate into Eärwa to exterminate the Nonmen? It would seem strange for the one tribe that actually worshipped the Inchoroi to be the one that wasn't successfully manipulated into invading.

They were all manipulated quite successfully. It doesn't seem outlandish to suggest that the Inchoroi convinced one of the tribes to hang back, just in case. Wouldn't want to destroy ALL of your new followers, now would we? Perhaps their population is under very strict control, like having exactly 144,000 members.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »
Also, having a isolated population is great for Inchoroi/Consult research and originally at a time when the Inchoroi operated in greater, active numbers. We know that the Inchoroi are remembered as of the Hundred (though we know not which ones) so it'd be impressive to see what humans might have done with a genesis of belief that might have fully reflected Inchoroi inspiration, rather than having any Kiunnat ties - after all, the Xiuhanni bear no religious artifact we know of and those religious beliefs they had in common with the Four Tribes left with the Tusk...

The covers of AE - at least the Canadian covers - reflect the religious paraphernalia of the times. TJE has both sides of the single Tusk. WLW has the Circumfix. My guess for TUC is either the Twin Scimitars of Fane or, otherwise, something Consult related or as of yet unknown... Eanna...

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2013, 08:15:30 pm »
New X's.

Meppa is Maithanet's brother.
- Like Inralautis, but trained in the Psukhe then lobotimised.

Meppa is Inrau.
- Survived his fall but lost his memory.  Wandered around being mad and holy until the real last Cish found him and trained him up.  Kinda like a noir karate kid.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2013, 08:15:39 pm »
Quote from: coobek
Meppa is Inrau.
- Survived his fall but lost his memory.  Wandered around being mad and holy until the real last Cish found him and trained him up.  Kinda like a noir karate kid.

There was a lot of smoking recently, wasn't there :) I love the idea though.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2013, 08:15:50 pm »
Inrau (lockesnow, p1) and Maithanet's Brother (p5) ;).

EDIT: You know, there is a Cu'jara Cinmoi quote about Maithanet's skin and how Bakker had this whole backstory about Moenghus intermittently sunning Maithanet in the Desert to make him look Keytai, but then he decided to just leave it to the readers ambiguity. This a fitting return of the thought - gives credence to either Moenghus the Elder or Second Son theories.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2013, 08:15:56 pm »
Clearly they were good ideas then!

Yes, I remember that skin thingy.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:02 pm »
Indeed. +1.

So... I'd really be down to read TUC, like, today ;).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »
Quote from: lockesnow
I think I've suggested the first, and wish I'd suggested the second, I've speculated that Inrau will reappear.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:14 pm »
Lol, you suggested both. p1 & p5 :).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:20 pm »
You know, there is a Cu'jara Cinmoi quote about Maithanet's skin and how Bakker had this whole backstory about Moenghus intermittently sunning Maithanet in the Desert to make him look Keytai, but then he decided to just leave it to the readers ambiguity.
I think it was to make him look older, rather than to make him look Ketyai:
Quote from: Cu'jara Cinmoi
Maithanet is in his late twenties. Clues to his youth are sprinkled here and there.

I actually had a rationale for this (Moenghus subjecting him to continuous desert sunlight to prematurely age his skin), but I couldn't find anyplace to insert it where it didn't feel potted, so I decided to just leave it indeterminate.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:27 pm »
Good call. Was Maithanet assumed to be Norsirai then? Is there no racial limitation on Shriah, like High Heresiarch?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:33 pm »
Quote from: kalstone
Good call. Was Maithanet assumed to be Norsirai then? Is there no racial limitation on Shriah, like High Heresiarch?

In WLW, Esmenet wonders what dye he uses to "conceal the Norsirai blond."

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2013, 08:16:39 pm »
Kalstone got it first. There's definite mention of Maithanet dying his hair and beard (and, IIRC, they're described as black and oiled in the PoN books). I don't recall any mention of his skin, but the impression I've always had is that there's been enough interbreeding between Norsirai and Ketyai in the Three Seas that there are Ketyai with lighter skin than the 'norm'* and that a Norsirai with a suntan could easily pass as Ketyai with a convincing dye job.

* - ETA: Isn't Esme described as olive-skinned in PoN?