• 224 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2013, 08:18:16 pm »
Quote from: Madness
When I ever have some bulk free time, I'll get around to posting my Almanac - Ch. 12. Cnaiur tells Kellhus that Moenghus' eyes are almost pale enough to pass for Scylvendi? How does this relate to Ketyai?

So far we have Meppa is:

1. Xinemus
2. Inrau
3. Cnaiur
4. Moenghus the Elder
5. Meppa, Cishaurim, Second Son of Moenghus
6. One of the Three missing of the Nine Incandanti
7. One of Moenghus' Sect of the Cishaurim
8. Neuropunctured Metapsukhari
9. Titirga
10. Skin-Spy
11. Reincarnation of Fane

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2013, 08:18:22 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Quote from: Duskweaver
* - ETA: Isn't Esme described as olive-skinned in PoN?

Olive skinned, isn't only one of the five original tribes associated with olive skin? That could be rather important if true.

Reincarnate of Fane is an interesting thought but I'm not sure what the metaphysical consequences of that would be. Maybe Yatwer and the True God will hash it out with their avatars before they even get to Kellhus (WLW and Meppa).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2013, 08:18:29 pm »
Quote from: Triskele
Thanks for putting that list together.

I suppose not everything on there is mutually exclusive.  For example, it seems conceivable that #'s 5, 6, and 7 could all be true at the same time. 

Question:  How did you figure that three of the nine Incandati were missing?  I do recall that it's stated that there are nine of them in TTT.

Random thought:  any coincidence whatsoever or significance w/ the number nine possibly in relation to the nine black riders in Tolkien?  Probably not, but hey...

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2013, 08:18:34 pm »
Quote from: Duskweaver
Cnaiur tells Kellhus that Moenghus' eyes are almost pale enough to pass for Scylvendi? How does this relate to Ketyai?
Maithanet's eyes are definitely blue. Achamian notices this in tDtCB when Maitha helpfully advises him to F off before he has a nasty mob-related accident right after Proyas recognises him in the crowd at the declaration of the Holy War.

Most Ketyai (including Esme) seem to be brown-eyed.

Olive skinned, isn't only one of the five original tribes associated with olive skin? That could be rather important if true.
I haven't yet been able to find a supporting quote for "olive-skinned". Her leg is described as "pale" (relative to the brick walls of her tenement) when she's hanging it out of her window in tDtCB, which leads me to think she's at least a bit lighter-skinned than the average Ketyai.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2013, 08:18:40 pm »
Quote from: coobek

A What?

By the way.
You must assign a power level then, since we know Akka is 9.000.
You cannot just make cool sounding new uber-power wizards without the Power Level to comprehend. Thats awful.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2013, 08:18:45 pm »
Trisk, I'm just speculating from one of Eleazaras's in TTT (and I should have said four):

"The Scarlet Spires knew of the Nine Incandati, those Primaries whose backs could bear the most Water, but they had no inkling as to their true strength. Now the greatest of the Psukari assailed them: Seokti, Inkorot, Hab'hara, Fanfarokar, Sartmandri... and they could not cope" (p455).

I mean, if you're going to gratuitously list names, why not all nine? Where are the other four?

Lol, coobek - I'm never handy with number analogies, my eyes kind of glaze when they come up. The Dunyain practice some kind of rudimentary brain control with Neuropuncture. We've seen it arise in the Unmasking Room. In Kellhus' torture pyramid in the Andiamine Heights. So there've been theories that Moenghus creates a better Cishaurim with it... The Metapsukhe is also kind of a joke - everything's meta after WLW ;).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2013, 08:18:50 pm »
Quote from: Triskele
Trisk, I'm just speculating from one of Eleazaras's in TTT (and I should have said four):
Lol, coobek - I'm never handy with number analogies, my eyes kind of glaze when they come up. The Dunyain practice some kind of rudimentary brain control with Neuropuncture. We've seen it arise in the Unmasking Room. In Kellhus' torture pyramid in the Andiamine Heights. So there've been theories that Moenghus creates a better Cishaurim with it... The Metapsukhe is also kind of a joke - everything's meta after WLW ;).

Yeah - Perhaps if one's mind isn't crowded out by the recollection of their own identity they can even better recollect the God's voice.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2013, 08:18:56 pm »
Quote from: lockesnow
but first you must have intellect, and then remove the identity.  or could you raise a child who's had their identity neuropathed away and given all the intellect and education of a normal child.  Does consciousness exist in a person with intellect but no identity?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:02 pm »
Well, memory... very likely has something to do with it.

It's been theorized before, probably by either of you, Trisk or lockesnow (where the hell has sciborg2 disappeared to these days?), that stripping someone of their personal memory might allow for a better recollection of the God's Passion or some such.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:08 pm »

A What?

By the way.
You must assign a power level then, since we know Akka is 9.000.
You cannot just make cool sounding new uber-power wizards without the Power Level to comprehend. Thats awful.

Bah sure you can. Its just we are now post Freza saga and power level is just something arbitrary that is felt but no longer ever defined.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:15 pm »
The Metapsukhe is also kind of a joke - everything's meta after WLW ;).

I know.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:23 pm »
+1. Just offering exposition :).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:29 pm »
Quote from: Meyna
Meppa is a secret Dunyain who escaped Kellhus' destruction of Ishual and whose task is to stop Kellhus via the shortest path which is determined to be becoming to the Fanim what Kellhus became to the Inrithi. Or not.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:34 pm »
or not

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:39 pm »
Quote from: Meyna
Or not. Really, though, I'm expecting the Meppa reveal to be one of the more significant game-changers in TUC. He seems too far removed right now to be a major player, and it will make his identity all the more shocking.