Earwa > The Great Ordeal

(TGO SPOILERS) Ishterebinth

(1/20) > >>

CondYoke:
Previous ARC discussion

I couldn't seem to post to the ARC thread, but I thought the discussion was awesome- one question I thought was interesting is concerning what type of singing Serwa will be doing. One thought I had was maybe linguistically there is a difference between a Dunyain "portion" and Kelhus's "dread portion"- perhaps dread=damned? This would point more specifically to her song being a sorcerous one.
In addition, Sorweel tells her to sing- does he know about her mundane singing in this case? True, his knowledge isn't necessary for her to act, but given her reaction to him, the fact that in that moment he touched the chorae, she saw him as "real", points toward a "correspondence of cause", no?

Also it's interesting to think about how the Dunyain all describe the legion within, alternately as 'portion' and  'fraction'. Not sure what to make of it- nor of Serwa seeing Sorweel as "real"- but I think it points to, as someone else named it, Sorwa- the ultimate power couple of the series that shall not be named?

[EDIT Madness]: For link to the ARC discussion.

MSJ:
Sorweel started growing on me in WLW. I think he has came into his own in TGO, and is a genuinely great character. In so interested to see which way he goes after his revelations in Ishterebinth. I mean what's left of his face? It sent chills down my spine when Oiranous (sp?) ripped off the mask.....gnarly.

Madness:

--- Quote from: CondYoke on July 13, 2016, 12:16:32 am ---I couldn't seem to post to the ARC thread, but I thought the discussion was awesome

--- End quote ---

You've done exactly what I'd like to see happen, CondYoke. Thanks :).

The ARC subforum is read-only. To help that fresh start here on the TGO subforum, we thought it best to freeze the subforum and let newcomers and old readers continue the threads anew as they please. We'll see about eventually consolidating the ARC subforum threads into the TGO subforum proper but, personally, I think it's a neat part of the monument - an encapsulated time and space :).

MSJ:
I was gonna make a new thread for each, and let conversation continue. Maybe copy and paste first post from each?

Madness:

--- Quote from: MSJ on July 13, 2016, 12:42:43 am ---I was gonna make a new thread for each, and let conversation continue. Maybe copy and paste first post from each?

--- End quote ---

I might've just moved threads to TGO subforum in that case, MSJ, you don't need to take that time.

However, if you do, maybe make the first sentence of that post a link to the previous thread?

EDIT: Though, how CondYoke has done it is also fine. You know me. Just obsessed with trying not to discourage participation :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version