Earwa > General Earwa

[TUC Spoiler] Esmenet and the JE

(1/9) > >>

Swayal Serpent:
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I haven't seen much about it. After finishing a reread of TUC I remembered that Esmi is not damned according to TJE. Why in the world would she not be damned? She's done some horrible things, and Yatwer wanted her dead too. The only reasons I can think of would be that either Mimara's forgiveness saved her, or her hatred of Kellhus changed Yatwers mind. Both seem like weak theories, but I can't see any other reason she wouldn't be damned

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

TLEILAXU:
Yatwer didn't want her dead. IIRC she was prepared to throw a chorae at Kellhus during the end of TGO.

Swayal Serpent:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on June 01, 2018, 11:04:54 am ---Yatwer didn't want her dead. IIRC she was prepared to throw a chorae at Kellhus during the end of TGO.

--- End quote ---
I'll have to go back and check to make sure, but there were multiple times that the WLW "saw himself" killing Esmenet. Im on the road so I don't have any physical copies with me, but I'm positive that Issiral was going to kill Esmenet too. As for the chorae, that whole seen was a bit confusing. I thought the walls of the palace had chorae built inside of them, and the earthquake causes one to nearly hit Kellhus

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: Swayal Serpent on June 01, 2018, 07:21:35 am ---Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I haven't seen much about it. After finishing a reread of TUC I remembered that Esmi is not damned according to TJE. Why in the world would she not be damned? She's done some horrible things, and Yatwer wanted her dead too. The only reasons I can think of would be that either Mimara's forgiveness saved her, or her hatred of Kellhus changed Yatwers mind. Both seem like weak theories, but I can't see any other reason she wouldn't be damned

--- End quote ---

First of all, I'm just going to point out that (as far as we know for now) the Judging Eye, despite being associated with pregnant women, is not linked to Yatwer. The Judging Eye is supposedly the point of view of the God (not one of the Gods).
Now, why is Esmenet saved? That is a great question, and one we don't know the answer to. Like you said, she is no innocent - the massacre of innocents in Carythusal when Mimara was found particularly stands out. There are many theories why Esmenet is saved (or seems to be from the JE's perspective, in the very least), but yes, nothing has been denied or confirmed here. I'll let everyone who has good explanations weight in, I can't really come up with a decent theory of my own here.

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on June 01, 2018, 11:04:54 am ---Yatwer didn't want her dead. IIRC she was prepared to throw a chorae at Kellhus during the end of TGO.

--- End quote ---

TLEILAXU is right here, Yatwer's target was Kellhus. Esmenet (or any of their children for that matter) were just collateral damage. Esmenet made a deal with Yatwer's own White-Luck Warrior to kill her husband (who only survived because Kelmomas' sudden appearance interfered with the WLW, with Kelmomas being invisible to the Gods and all).

--- Quote from: Swayal Serpent on June 01, 2018, 12:47:38 pm ---I'll have to go back and check to make sure, but there were multiple times that the WLW "saw himself" killing Esmenet. Im on the road so I don't have any physical copies with me, but I'm positive that Issiral was going to kill Esmenet too. As for the chorae, that whole seen was a bit confusing. I thought the walls of the palace had chorae built inside of them, and the earthquake causes one to nearly hit Kellhus

--- End quote ---

I think it's more along the lines that the WLW saw Esmenet dead, not that he killed/would kill her himself. I always assumed he saw her dying in the collapse of the Andiamine Heights during the earthquake (you know, like Thelli - the WLW didn't kill her either, not directly at least). Kelmomas' interference caused both Kellhus and Esmenet to survive that moment.
As for the Chorae, I don't remember the details...might need to reread that part.

H:
I need to give this more though and to look more into in along the reread, but the Cubit really does care about ignorance as a key tenant.  I believe, if I remember correctly, that Kellhus purposely keeps Esmenet ignorant of a number of things to protect her.  And he was right to do so.

Also, I'm not sure that Yatwer's favor, or disfavor, can transgress The Cubit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version