Other Titles > Light, Time, and Gravity

Light, Time, and Gravity Excerpt

(1/10) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Just letting everyone know that Bakker posted a selection of Light, Time, and Gravity[/u] at Three Pound Brain.

I cannot wait for this book. But then I seem to mesh with everything Bakker has written.

Cheers, Bakker. Can't wait to read more.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Jorge ---The excerpt posted is quite good. I mean, who knew reading about irrigation could be compelling? IRRIGATION!

It's interesting to note that according to Bakker the story is highly autobiographical, so "Dylan" largely stands in for the author himself.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Lol, I think Bakker makes everything compelling. His perspective on experience is just so mint - slang round here for good or interesting or cool :) - and his writing skill is unparallelled.

Did you watch the recording of his reading of another LTG excerpt and a Q&A in the other thread?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: dharmakirti ---
--- Quote from: Madness ---Lol, I think Bakker makes everything compelling. His perspective on experience is just so mint - slang round here for good or interesting or cool :) - and his writing skill is unparallelled.

Did you watch the recording of his reading of another LTG excerpt and a Q&A in the other thread?
--- End quote ---

I watched it.  I like the passage that he read.  I didn't much care for his reading, though (or his pacing around while reading).  If he's going to do more public readings, I think that is something that needs to be worked on. However, I was a competitive speech geek throughout school so I tend to be a bit critical of these things.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I think he'd agree with you. I'm there for his words, not his voice ;). Oratory is another skill, neh?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version