Anybody get the feeling mimara is the next no-god

• 3 Replies

incuroi

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: January 02, 2017, 07:46:08 am »
iv'e been re-reading the aspect emperor and one of the things that struck me is the objectivity that the judging eye imposes (especially combined with the chorea). by itself it "judges" you, becomes the cubit of your measure, it see's your life and the sentence of you soul, it see's your damnation. with the chorea it bring objectivity to reality, especially with the wight in cil-aujas, the eye and chorea just banishes it. i'm thinking that the way one creates a no-god is by somehow lashing a women with the judging eye to a sarcophagus of chorea, what extra steps are needed i'm not sure but essentially it creates a being that seals out the influence of the outside. i might be off base but the fact that the no-god causes still births also gnawed at me. if i'm right it almost replicating itself, the judging eye occurs with women who miscarry,  women who will go on to carry the eye who will themselves bring objectivity. that's why i think the consult want mimara alive she is the key to resurrecting the no-god and achamian is bring her to them. last the fact that the No-god asks what do you see, it's really a question only mimara can answer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 12:15:38 pm »
iv'e been re-reading the aspect emperor and one of the things that struck me is the objectivity that the judging eye imposes (especially combined with the chorea). by itself it "judges" you, becomes the cubit of your measure, it see's your life and the sentence of you soul, it see's your damnation. with the chorea it bring objectivity to reality, especially with the wight in cil-aujas, the eye and chorea just banishes it. i'm thinking that the way one creates a no-god is by somehow lashing a women with the judging eye to a sarcophagus of chorea, what extra steps are needed i'm not sure but essentially it creates a being that seals out the influence of the outside.

I never took the No-God as really dealing with objectivity though.  It occurs to me in typing this that the No-God closing off the world to the Outside is really just stopping the Cycle of Souls.  From what we learn in TGO in little places, the Gods could still access the world, just not see the No-God.  So the world isn't actually closed, as we would think of a door shutting, cutting all access, but rather it was a sink for souls, keeping them from exiting (and so, entering).

I do think you might be on to something though with how the Chorae of the Carapace are somehow similar in function to what Mimara does with the Chorae in Cil-Aujas, but I think it has to do with forcing a frame than anything else.  Honestly I barely understand the concept of that though, so it is very hard for me to explain that further.

i might be off base but the fact that the no-god causes still births also gnawed at me. if i'm right it almost replicating itself, the judging eye occurs with women who miscarry,  women who will go on to carry the eye who will themselves bring objectivity. that's why i think the consult want mimara alive she is the key to resurrecting the no-god and achamian is bring her to them.

While that is a good parallel, I'm unsure if they are really related.  Indeed, it seems to be that Mimara's baby (babies?) is alive, at least, for now although that doesn't really mean much going forward (unless of course, it does).  Not that I have a real explanation of why Aurang finds it prudent to leave Mimara alive.  Then again, why kill her?  Is she really a threat?

I think that the Consult really doesn't quite understand what Kellhus' endgame is or how all these pieces of the puzzle are fitting together.  In view of this, it does make the most sense to keep all these pieces on the board, so the speak, so you can better see what role each plays and perhaps glean something of the whole picture.

last the fact that the No-god asks what do you see, it's really a question only mimara can answer

I randomly had the idea that Mimara will actually look at the No-God and answer it's question.  I feel like that is kind of contingent on her not actually being the No-God herself, but I am open to being wrong.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 10:30:34 pm »
Along the idea of Mimara becoming the NG, it might be that Aulisi (Nau-Cayuti's missing concubine) had The Judging Eye and became the catalyst for the NG during TFA.

Also, as incuroi suggests above, it provides an explanation for the Consult protecting Mimara.  Which also makes me wonder if having the father along is also essential to the ritual, hence why Nau-Cayuti was taken.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 03:55:19 am »
iv'e been re-reading the aspect emperor and one of the things that struck me is the objectivity that the judging eye imposes (especially combined with the chorea). by itself it "judges" you, becomes the cubit of your measure, it see's your life and the sentence of you soul, it see's your damnation. with the chorea it bring objectivity to reality, especially with the wight in cil-aujas, the eye and chorea just banishes it. i'm thinking that the way one creates a no-god is by somehow lashing a women with the judging eye to a sarcophagus of chorea, what extra steps are needed i'm not sure but essentially it creates a being that seals out the influence of the outside. i might be off base but the fact that the no-god causes still births also gnawed at me. if i'm right it almost replicating itself, the judging eye occurs with women who miscarry,  women who will go on to carry the eye who will themselves bring objectivity. that's why i think the consult want mimara alive she is the key to resurrecting the no-god and achamian is bring her to them. last the fact that the No-god asks what do you see, it's really a question only mimara can answer

Hi incuroi!  cool name!  AND INTERESTING POST VERY INTERESTING