mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2015, 08:19:21 pm »
when Horseking and co reach the nonman mansion, we will get revelations about the Consult from a nonman who was the jailer for the 2 inchoroi who were in fact Aurang/Aurax.  this nonman will reveal that AA have no love for their king Sil and his followers (maybe they seek to dominate like nonmen do).  AA help Cujara and Co defeat the inchoroi in exchange for their freedom

OR

Serwa isn't even taking her threesome to the mansion, she's taking them to Ishual!  Madness/Wilshire mislead us all!  maybe they arrive just before or after Akka.  maybe Ishual is freshly ruined because Serwa just destroyed it!!!  and then Serwa, Horse, Horsedong, Mim, and Akka all go to the nonman mansion.

Akka falls in love with Serwa because she looks like Esmi too

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2015, 12:33:19 am »
My new theory is based around the fact that Kellhus has made a Inverse Fire, he shows it to Proyas. When he looks into it he see's everyone of the Ordeal staring into their own campfires. I thought to myself "oh that kool" and kept moving on but now thinking kellhus could read the faces and thoughts of everyone.
We all been just stared at fire, these men are staring kellhus unknowingly in the face. He put people into trances before but im wondering what the Meta-Cants of Compulsion would be like when done on a mass scale.
He may have the ability to just take mens wills away from them like The NO-God does with the Scranc...
Hes the NO-NO-God!   
"Wutrim kut mi’puru kamuir!"

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2015, 05:44:45 am »
My new theory is based around the fact that Kellhus has made a Inverse Fire, he shows it to Proyas. When he looks into it he see's everyone of the Ordeal staring into their own campfires. I thought to myself "oh that kool" and kept moving on but now thinking kellhus could read the faces and thoughts of everyone.
We all been just stared at fire, these men are staring kellhus unknowingly in the face. He put people into trances before but im wondering what the Meta-Cants of Compulsion would be like when done on a mass scale.
He may have the ability to just take mens wills away from them like The NO-God does with the Scranc...
Hes the NO-NO-God!   

i'm totally buying meta-cants of compulsion on a grand scale!  :)  maybe this is the way Kellhus conducts The Concert of Six Schools!!!

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2015, 01:36:38 pm »
Hes the NO-NO-God!

So are you saying he's using the mega-Cants of Compulsion to read minds through his "Inverse Fire"? I just thought that was a touch of scrying. Keeping an eye on the Ordeal and such.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2015, 05:47:29 pm »
Hes the NO-NO-God!

So are you saying he's using the mega-Cants of Compulsion to read minds through his "Inverse Fire"? I just thought that was a touch of scrying. Keeping an eye on the Ordeal and such.

maybe Kellhus set up the Seeing-Flame Network so that it would be in place when the GO is camped outside of Golgotterath.  then Kellhus will sneak inside the Ark and broadcast an image of the IF via Fire Optics and enslave the GO to the Consult's purpose

this could be like a bargaining chip.  Kellhus shows up with GO, kicks ass, secretly meets with Consult, they concede to show him the Tekne after which Kellhus will bind the GO to the Consult's purpose and cease hostilities

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2015, 06:49:46 pm »
Hes the NO-NO-God!

Read minds? No warp minds. Remember Xinnemas (Proyas' marshal) a normal can't of compulsion changed him down to his soul. A Meta version would be something to rival that of the IF. Maybe instead of the cant making you doing something, "you" whole heartily believe what you've been told. A endless drive to do something without the fear of damnation or even knowing you been hexed.

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2015, 07:07:15 pm »
Came across something last month on my reread of WLW.  It's in the first chapter(or maybe the third, can't exactly recall), super early in the slog plotline.  Mimara is having dreams of Cil-Aujas, but Gin'yursis is replaced with Kellhus in her memories.  She's pondering the Wight-in-the-Mountain's existence as both frame and figure of the onta, except it's Kellhus in this episode.  Got me pondering if Kellhus's self-sacrifice in the future  may be purposefully getting himself killed in Golgotterath—the topoiest of topoi.  His soul can become like the Wight-in-the-Mountain and more adept at altering physical reality to his design, or this will be the mechanism of his apotheosis.  Or some sort of thing.

I'm positive others have voiced this exact sentiment and the exact same conditions, but the passage just really stuck out to me.  Will try and find it.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2015, 10:48:49 pm »
Hes the NO-NO-God!

Read minds? No warp minds. Remember Xinnemas (Proyas' marshal) a normal can't of compulsion changed him down to his soul. A Meta version would be something to rival that of the IF. Maybe instead of the cant making you doing something, "you" whole heartily believe what you've been told. A endless drive to do something without the fear of damnation or even knowing you been hexed.

Aaaah, I see where you're going now. Yes, it seems exactly like something Kellhus would do. Also, maybe the Whelming plays some part in this too.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

The Spaces Between

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2015, 12:07:55 am »
She dreams of her stepfather, wakes with the frowning confusion that always accompanies dreams too sticky with significance. With every blink she sees him: the Aspect-Emperor, not as he is but as he would be were he the shade that haunted the accursed deeps of Cil-Aujas...
Not a man but an emblem. A living Seal, rising on tides of hellish unreality.
"You are the eye that offends, Mimara..."
She wants to ask Achamian about the dream but finds the memory of their feud too sharp to speak around. She knows what everybody knows about dreams, that they are as likely to deceive as to illuminate. On the Andiamine Heights, the caste-noble wives would consult augurs, pay outrageous sums. The caste-menials and the slaves would pray, usually to Yatwer. The girls in the brothel used to drip wax on pillow-beetles to determine the truth of their dreams. If the wax trapped the insect, the dream was true. She has heard of dozens of other folk divinations besides. But she no longer knows what to believe...
It's the Wizard, she realizes. The damned fool is rubbing off on her.
"The eye that must be plucked."
"A terror, so profound, so abiding–and, yes, pure–that all other fears guttered into nothingness for lack of air. A terror that was a gift… such was the peace and certainty that followed upon it."

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2015, 01:35:39 pm »

She dreams of her stepfather, wakes with the frowning confusion that always accompanies dreams too sticky with significance. With every blink she sees him: the Aspect-Emperor, not as he is but as he would be were he the shade that haunted the accursed deeps of Cil-Aujas...
Not a man but an emblem. A living Seal, rising on tides of hellish unreality.
"You are the eye that offends, Mimara..."
She wants to ask Achamian about the dream but finds the memory of their feud too sharp to speak around. She knows what everybody knows about dreams, that they are as likely to deceive as to illuminate. On the Andiamine Heights, the caste-noble wives would consult augurs, pay outrageous sums. The caste-menials and the slaves would pray, usually to Yatwer. The girls in the brothel used to drip wax on pillow-beetles to determine the truth of their dreams. If the wax trapped the insect, the dream was true. She has heard of dozens of other folk divinations besides. But she no longer knows what to believe...
It's the Wizard, she realizes. The damned fool is rubbing off on her.
"The eye that must be plucked."

:) beetle divination sounds like another anasurimbor!

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2015, 02:34:05 pm »
Just a small distinction Geoffrobro - if you remember Esmenet confesses to Kellhus the reasons she was so shook up after being possessed was not because of the possession itself but from the fact that the thoughts were her own.

They were placed there by another soul but still a fundamental part of Esmi.

Remember in Earwa the seat of the soul is the heart and I suspect the soul is the seat of the intellect.

I would expect Meta Compulsion cants to do the same thing - only across multiple souls.

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2015, 08:53:45 pm »
Ishual may have been destroyed by the Consult a while ago, within the last 23 years. In the Prologue when Kellhus meets the "Mysterious yet to be named" Nonman, Kellhus tells him his first and last name. From there the non man pieces together that he is Dunyain "I see that you are a student. Knowledge is power, eh?

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2015, 05:41:56 pm »
Ishual may have been destroyed by the Consult a while ago, within the last 23 years. In the Prologue when Kellhus meets the "Mysterious yet to be named" Nonman, Kellhus tells him his first and last name. From there the non man pieces together that he is Dunyain "I see that you are a student. Knowledge is power, eh?

geo, i don't get it!  do you think Mek destroyed Ishual right after Kellhus left?  i'm missing something.  it would be just sad if Dunyain are snuffed out by a series of accidents:

sranc happen to find ishual --> moe sent to investigate --> moe sent into world --> moe calls for back up --> kellhus sent out --> happens to run into Mek --> investigates the area --> finds destroys ishual

WHAT IF the Consult found out about Ishual after Moe made it out (as in a sranc left to report the odd captive and then the Scylvendi captured Moe).  then the Consult destroyed Ishual just thinking that it was some odd humans--they are easily burned up, dunyaininess counts for nothing.  Consult have no idea they just destroyed the Dunyain.

Moe captures/remakes a skinspy into a super-skinspy with Dunyain software.  drops him into Atrithau or just where Cnaiur would find him with memories preloaded

WHAT WHAT

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2015, 06:05:27 pm »
The No-God is Seswatha.  The mummified heart and memories are someone else's invention.  Nau-Cayuti, who was actually a sorcerer (that's how he killed that dragon), put together a massive plan to exact revenge on his master/dad.  The dreams are tools to manipulate the ultimate destruction of Seswatha while signaling important information to the important chess pieces.