What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:04 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Quote from: lockesnow
interesting extrapolation on the thought of the skin spy.  What if Moe captured the original Simas and then bound his soul to that of the skin spy?

Well a skin spy is an animate inanimate object. Same concept as the soul in the wathi doll I guess since both are empty vessels. Combined with some Dunyain trickery or other techniques to make a powerful slave.
An interesting idea.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:12 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Most of the active skin-spies in the Three Seas at the time of the Holy War must have been first generation. Likely, aside from trying to duplicate Simas, the Consult didn't work to improve on their original models. This means that many of them would be three hundred years old because, Curethan's right, the Consult was spying and fencing more openly with Mangaecca and dissidents.

So if Simas was first gen, if I were the Consult, I would have had that fucker learn all sorcery. Though, obviously, a skin-spy on the Mandate Quorum is a very attractive informant.

What happens when a skin-spy grasps Seswatha's heart? Does it dream the Dreams?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:19 pm »
Quote from: lockesnow
I presume TTCSimas never grasped the heart because if the Consult had the chance to destroy the heart they would, because that would destroy the Mandate.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:28 pm »
Lockesnow is right I think. He was replaced after the ceremony, and as we've seen there isn't an actual need to grasp the heart to learn the sorceries. Its likely that since his replacement, 'Simas' could have gotten away with doing little to no magic at all. His days in the field were long sense gone.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:36 pm »
But he'd have to be marked and appropriately bruised, neh? The exercise of his "lifetime" of sorcery, Gnostic sorcery, should be evident to his Mandate brethren?

Though, perfectly correct, in that Simas should have to have been replaced after the grasping ceremony.

In editing here, I had another thought that, maybe Simas was trained in Mengaeccan Gnosis.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:56 pm »
ohhh yeah forgot the mengaeca were gnostic. all schools were back then. makes sense.
also forgot about the mark issue, as it should be deep, but he could also have learned more mundane sorceries before the replacement so as to deepen his own mark, mengaecca or otherwise.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 03:51:02 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
But he'd have to be marked and appropriately bruised, neh?

You have been reading Prince of Thorns, neh?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 03:51:09 pm »
Lol, Ender's Game :P.

I've always thought about reading Prince of Thorns but first person is a real hard sell with me.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 03:51:16 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
Ah, Ender's game. 
Well, PoT is just full of little genre references.
Even Bakker gets a nod.

Sorry for the derail. ;)

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 03:51:30 pm »
Pish, Curethan. You derail to your heart's content :). I don't think anyone is complaining. We can always parse the comments and make a new thread if we get too far from topical.

nicodante

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 07:11:38 am »
If the replacement Simas didn't grasp the heart and dream the dreams it would have been problematic when anyone used Cants to contact him wouldn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicodante

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 07:13:06 am »
Also, do we know if Kellhus Grasped once the Mandate joined him?

Darzin

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 08:25:25 am »
I believe Kelhus did not grasp the heart. The witches do which must make for some weird body issues in the dreams.
There is no god but God and Fane is the messenger of God

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 11:48:37 am »
If the replacement Simas didn't grasp the heart and dream the dreams it would have been problematic when anyone used Cants to contact him wouldn't it?

Indeed, which is another possible hint that at Simas agent has been in position for a long time.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 01:44:23 pm »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF it was a soul transfer as proposed, the soul that was transfered would've grasped the heart already.

ETA: Oooooh, and we know already that the soul resides in the heart on Earwa, that's interesting.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:18:19 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,