Correct Spellings?

• 4 Replies

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« on: August 16, 2017, 02:53:59 pm »
I've been wondering about this for some time, since I've seen these names spelled differently throughout the series (well, the last one was only mentioned in TGO and TUC, but it still applies). I'd like to know what are the "official" correct spellings?

-"Cû'jara-Cinmoi" or "Cû'jara Cinmoi"? (I'm guessing the former because Bakker spelled his username that way?)
-"Nin'janjin" or "Nin-janjin"?
-"Cet'moyol" or "Cet'moiol"?

"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:10:11 pm »
-"Cû'jara-Cinmoi" or "Cû'jara Cinmoi"? (I'm guessing the former because Bakker spelled his username that way?)

That's actually how I spelled his display name. I would have gotten the spelling from TTT Glossary, probably.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 04:45:18 pm »

That's actually how I spelled his display name. I would have gotten the spelling from TTT Glossary, probably.

The wiki also has it as "Cû'jara-Cinmoi", so I'm going to suppose that comes from the TTT glossary as well. I think that the spelling with the space rather than with the hyphen started to crop up more in TAE.
If I remember correctly, "Nin'janjin"/"Nin-janjin" seems to be fairly inconsistent throughout the whole series, though.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 04:49:10 pm »
Though, now that I recall, in TWP there's a Nil'gikas in one of Seswatha's Dreams.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 04:54:10 pm »
Though, now that I recall, in TWP there's a Nil'gikas in one of Seswatha's Dreams.

I also remember him being referred to as "Nil-Giccas" somewhere in PON, though I didn't add him to my list as his name seemed to be consistently spelled as "Nil'giccas" all throughout TAE.

Anasûrimbor Nimeric also had his given name spelled as "Nymeric" in PON, but again, I think it was just the one time.