Tattooing Help

• 7 Replies

Raizen

• Suthenti
  • You have to be realistic about these things.
    • View Profile
« on: April 17, 2015, 01:35:13 pm »
I have a rather ambitious idea/hope that I'd like to kick around and get some input from the artists on here.  I'm looking to get a tattoo depicting the various series that I've read using the symbols from each.  At the moment I'd like to include TSA, First Law, Lord of the Rings, Malazan, and WoT (with plans for more in the future).  My current idea is to have a page for each series that is covered in incomplete sketches or random bits of phrasing from that series with a particular symbol fully detailed on the page (kind of like a page in an artist's sketchbook).  For TSA I was thinking something like the circumfix in detail surrounded by sketches of chorae or artwork from the cover.  These pages would then be overlapping each other starting from the right side of my chest, going over my shoulder and onto my back and arm.

I'm envisioning something like this with sketches mixed in with high detail colored drawings:

I'm open to ideas and if anyone is interested, I'd be willing to pay for design work.  I figured posting on here would catch the attention of an artist who's actually read some of these series and would make communicating designs easier.  Obviously something like this is going to cost a fortune to get fully done, so I'd be getting each one done some time apart.  Any input or ideas that I could bring to a tattoo artist are most welcomed.

Wisdom was naught but cunning made
grand, a weapon forged to win empty battles.

Quinthane

• Old Name
  • WATD
    • View Profile
    • MyDeviantArt
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 10:05:53 pm »
forgive me i this is a foolish question but have you looked at the artwork that's been posted here?
WATD --"the Logos is without beginning or end...and then it stops ."

Raizen

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 10:47:53 pm »
Oh I definitely have, yours was actually the type I was looking for.  I guess I'd be more needing help creating a more specific visual layout.

Garet Jax

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 07:06:14 pm »
I PM'd Somnambulist, and he designed a non-TSA related tattoo piece for me.  I paypal'd him for his efforts, which you can recoup from the tattoo artist not having to design it for you.

Raizen

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 01:17:55 pm »
Much obliged, I'll give that a shot.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 06:30:38 pm »
Raizen that's awesome!  I'm trying to picture it in my mind--is your tattoo going to be like an open book with pages flying out and a different symbol on each page?

i want a circumfix tattoo and also the symbol from the front of Jonathan Strange

here's one of my absolute favorites from Quinthane:
http://princeofnothing.wikia.com/wiki/File:Picture_235.jpg

he also has a colored version of that art

Raizen

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 03:39:31 pm »
Holy hell that is awesome.  And yes, I'd like the pages flying out of the book, but I'm trying to decide between just one symbol on each page or a collection of "half-drawn" symbols in the background with a highly detailed main symbol in the foreground.  So for TSA I like the idea of a sketched army in the background, kind of hazy and rough sketched, with a banner bearing the circumfix symbol in the foreground highly detailed and in color.

Cash seems to be my biggest adversary at the moment... -_-

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 05:05:15 pm »
it will be awesome--you have to post when you get it!  i am myself itching for more ink but have to wait wait and wait