• 93 Replies

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2014, 04:04:55 am »
Who better to thwart Yatwer's White Luck than Ajokli, the Trickster god?
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2014, 06:48:15 pm »
Ajokli would do it just for the lulz
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2014, 09:52:47 pm »
Ajokli would make a nice decoy too.  We're all expecting hijinks from him (it?), so Onkis will be the one to surprise us all.  Or, I can't remember the name, the god of diarrhea.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2014, 01:39:52 pm »
Plague and disease. Was it burkiris or somethin like that? I think Soma made some artwork...

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2014, 08:52:05 am »
Damn plague god took ol' Zin :(
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2014, 12:22:54 am »
Damn plague god took ol' Zin :(

Is this the guy that ate up most of the Holy War?  That will devour more of the Great Ordeal than the sranc?  I guess it depends on if dehydration falls under illness or famine...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2015, 09:14:55 pm »
Does anyone seriously think the WLW is the product of Cnaüir and his ummmm, love making to Yatwer so to speak? I know it's more of a running joke, but damn wouldn't that be awsome?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2015, 08:23:51 pm »
Reading the Glossary last night. There is an entry (forgot the name sorry) about someone who dressed up as her husband the king to fool assassins, just that entry nothing else on her. I wonder if our own Aspect-Emperor has plans to fool the WLW.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2015, 02:52:03 pm »
Does anyone seriously think the WLW is the product of Cnaüir and his ummmm, love making to Yatwer so to speak? I know it's more of a running joke, but damn wouldn't that be awsome?
Haha, no I don't think so. The WLW has a pretty clear lineage in one of his initial appearances. Something about poor quality bricks and rape... Wasn't one of his ancestors a Scylvendi?

Reading the Glossary last night. There is an entry (forgot the name sorry) about someone who dressed up as her husband the king to fool assassins, just that entry nothing else on her. I wonder if our own Aspect-Emperor has plans to fool the WLW.

Foreshadowing maybe ;), but I think the WLW would need more than a costume to fool him, however there is a chance that Kellhus is planning to use Esmenet to fool him in same way.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2015, 06:05:53 pm »
I think I've written a post about this before, but, ibelive Kelmommas is gonna be the WLW's undoing. That's where I think his story line is going. I think Kellhus knows exactly what's up with Kelmommas and he's his tool and Esement is the bait.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2015, 07:20:03 pm »
That sounds like a very good theory. "One cannot raise walls against what has been forgotten" comes to mind whenever I think about Inrilatas/Maithanet/Kelmomas, and then later Maithanet/WLW encounters. The WLW must be brought down by something that he cannot have forseen, which means to me, something that Yatwer herself is blind too, which I think could potentially be many things beyond the obvious Consult machinations.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2015, 07:24:54 pm »
Haha, no I don't think so. The WLW has a pretty clear lineage in one of his initial appearances. Something about poor quality bricks and rape... Wasn't one of his ancestors a Scylvendi?

Foreshadowing maybe ;), but I think the WLW would need more than a costume to fool him, however there is a chance that Kellhus is planning to use Esmenet to fool him in same way.

Yeah, but Kellhus might know what it is the gods see, or rather how they delineate between people, and then blind them to it. Just seemed weird to read of a "famous" female who was known for impersonating her husband to fool assassins. I imagine some thought was put into each entry.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2015, 07:47:25 pm »
OK, so what I think happens is pretty simple. Kelmommas is infatuated with Esement. That's all he cares about is his moms love. And, the tunnels that Kellhus built where obviously built for a reason. Tada, those are Kelmommas's personal playground at the moment. All it would take is for the WLW to come to Esme's room to murder her, and Kelmommas be keeping an eye out for such a thing. You have to admit he's pretty handy with that skewer. And, its funny you mention Yatwer would have to be blind to it, he's already murdered Yatwer's head priestess.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2015, 07:54:57 pm »
She was a faux-head though wasn't she? Out of favor at least. Still though, an interesting point.

I completely agree, the Andiamine Heights were not constructed that way just so that Kellhus could have some secret spying rooms. What need would he have to observe people in secret? None at all. It must have been for... something else.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2015, 08:03:13 pm »
You're right she was just a figure head who was out of favor. Also, everyone believes Kelmommas to be missing. So, he might not even be a worry to Yatwer/WLW.