Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« on: July 07, 2017, 05:24:39 pm »
I just thought I would drop a morsel for the fanatics to feed the fervour #TUCSEASON.

As my nephew is watching me, constantly giving me the "return to me mine technology" eyes, I thought I'd quickly add something profgrape and I talked about recently: Bakker is very aware of seeding his loose ends throughout the series. As far as I can tell, it's just a question of which he seeded to dupe us and which he plans on following through on.

For instance...
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 07:54:05 pm »
Nice one!

A loose end, or I missed it: where did the Istherebinth Quya go, after the No-God's awakening?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:45:24 pm by Hiro »
Mystery denotes darkness

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 05:04:23 am »
I could spend all day with this...

The biggest ones for me are character "deaths" and the nature of the afterlife, simply because it leaves an open-ended sense to...basically every major character death. We know there is an afterlife. We know there's more than one type of afterlife. We know that a soul can be -- if not resurrected -- then at least "brought back" in one form or another.

We also "know" that all of the above could be false, or at least highly obfuscated. If this turns out to have a narrative pay off down the road, that's fine -- it makes sense to leave those threads slack until the ending of the series, given the subject matter and nature of the worldbuilding and story. But if the series ends without some hard-ish answers on those things, it'd be a tough pill for me to swallow barring some serious literary gymnastics.

Most other things (most, not at all) are less of an issue, and I do think that this series will never have a clear cut "hey here's how everything works" type of scene. The fact that the question of "what is real and/or true" is a rather prominent theme in the stories makes this okay on paper, but it definitely requires a certain handling of the narrative and characters which, as of yet, has not appeared IMO.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 03:06:43 pm »
Nice one!

A loose end, or I missed it: where did the Istherebinth Quya go, after the No-God's awakening?

Many of them seemed to perish during the battle at Golgotterath by the Ordeal and by the Consult forces. I would suppose if any of the Ordeal survive some of the Quya will be present in the retreat.

Like Cleric but on a more epic scale ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 03:26:15 pm »
Bet the No-god jogs the memory quite well.

I want to know about Koringhus and the boy , so might as well tell us Madness since you know anyway.

I sort of want to know something about Inaru able to warn Akka in his dreams about the Consult.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 03:31:08 pm »
Lmao, you must know me well enough by now to know that you'll literally have to torture that information out of me.

Mind, you might not have to pull out the Nonmen Gnostic Agonies at the moment, what with my shingles scars and my foot still in a cast ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 03:47:41 pm »
In fact i bet the "boy" after he ran away and noticed everyone was heading in the direction of the mushroom cloud thought, feck that, i'm heading away from that shit show. These world born are mental.

Probably just with Akka and Mimara long enough to pick up Sheyic.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 04:59:21 pm »
Meppa...
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

TheCulminatingApe

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 07:02:17 pm »
Meppa...

And the Psuhke. And the Fanim more generally.  We've only ever seen them at second hand, yet they seem a very significant, and different, player, that has not yet been explored.  We've had no POV and no real exploration of what they are all about.  In PoN they were just an 'enemy' group, but always positioned as a kind of side-show to the Consult as the actual real evil.  In TAE, they were 'mundane' rebels, again a side-show, hijacked by Yatwer and only ever seen through the eyes of Malowebi.
Sez who?
Seswatha, that's who.

Hogman

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 11:08:46 am »
Here's my prediction for Meppa:
Moenghus Sr. was not able to wield the Psukhe properly because of his lack of emotion. There is, however, a Dunyain out there who does have the relevant emotion: The Boy. Meppa will teach him the Psukhe. That's as far as the prediction goes.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:23:35 am by Hogman »

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 11:17:42 am »
Here's my prediction for Meppa:
Moenghus Sr. was not able to wield the Psukhe properly because of his lack of emotion. There is, however, a Dunyain out there who does the relevant emotion: The Boy. Meppa will teach him the Psukhe. That's as far as the prediction goes.

I like this theory. :) We definitely need more Psûkhe in the story.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 03:45:58 pm »
From what I have seen in the forum so far, the untrained Dûnyain Boy will be taught: Meta-Psûkhe,  Meta-Gnosis, Meta-Daimos, he will outsmart the 4 Dûnyain, will save the world, will destroy the Consult and the Horde completely and will solve the Ozone problem. :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:54:05 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Yellow

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 03:50:03 pm »
We just need cold fusion for the full house  ;)
You are the fist that beats us.

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 04:15:30 pm »
From what I have seen in the forum so far, the untrained Dûnyain Boy will be taught: Meta-Psûkhe,  Meta-Gnosis, Meta-Daimos, will he outsmart the 4 Dûnyain, will save the world, will destroy the Consult and the Horde completely and will solve the Ozone problem. :P

LOL  ;D
Mystery denotes darkness

Quinthane

• Old Name
  • WATD
    • View Profile
    • MyDeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 04:25:56 pm »
There's an ozone problem?

Sounds like an Inconvenient Delusion.
WATD --"the Logos is without beginning or end...and then it stops ."