Earwa > General Q&A

[TGO/TUC Spoilers]The Boy, Crab Hand

(1/3) > >>

Sausuna:
I had an off-hand thought. From what I recall, Kellhus' grandson was considered defective by the Dunyain (correct me if I'm misremembering). Did it ever outline what his defect was? Do we just assume it is his hand? I can't recall the details for the life of me.

----
[Edit] Wilshire: title (subforum rules)

Madness:

--- Quote from: Sausuna on August 16, 2017, 04:11:43 pm ---I had an off-hand thought. From what I recall, Kellhus' grandson was considered defective by the Dunyain (correct me if I'm misremembering). Did it ever outline what his defect was? Do we just assume it is his hand? I can't recall the details for the life of me.

--- End quote ---

(click to show/hide)I believe so.

Somnambulist:
My impression:
(click to show/hide)I always thought (though it doesn't specifically say) that he lost his fingers as a result of sranc attacks.  I think it's mentioned his hand had scars, which wouldn't be the case if it was congenital.  Second, just before he exits the narrative, as the skinspy is chasing him, he feels fury.  I think his defect was emotion, or too much of it according to the Dunyain, anyway.  That was my take.

Redeagl:

--- Quote from: Somnambulist on August 16, 2017, 04:34:10 pm ---My impression:
(click to show/hide)I always thought (though it doesn't specifically say) that he lost his fingers as a result of sranc attacks.  I think it's mentioned his hand had scars, which wouldn't be the case if it was congenital.  Second, just before he exits the narrative, as the skinspy is chasing him, he feels fury.  I think his defect was emotion, or too much of it according to the Dunyain, anyway.  That was my take.
--- End quote ---
(click to show/hide)Kellhus feels emotion in his training flashbacks. To be a "real" Dûnyain, you need to be fully blooded and trained. Crabicus is not trained.

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: Somnambulist on August 16, 2017, 04:34:10 pm ---My impression:
--- End quote ---

What I understood from TGO was very much the same, though I wonder
(click to show/hide)why/how he was considered to be defective so young, since apparently he was an infant (per Koringhus' recollections) at the time Ishuäl was attacked. Seems a bit premature to label a child as too tainted by emotion...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version