Earwa > General Q&A

Study of Aporos Among Nonmen

(1/6) > >>

Sausuna:
Hey,

I wasn't sure if this was at all a spoiler question, but let me know if I need to add any tags.

My question was about the Aporos. Do we know why Nonmen outlawed the study/practice of it?

TaoHorror:
I took it scared them, it did give rise to the Chorae - the Quya didn't want nothing to do with that. But I seem to remember a more specific response to it ( just can't remember ), maybe they saw or knew of a connection with that study and the techne and/or the Ishoroi and they were in conflict/war with them at the time.

Sausuna:
Yeah, I searched around the books more, but couldn't really find the why. Though, I always got the impression that the study was outlawed before the Inchoroi came as well. But that might have just been an assumption of mine.

People discuss wanting to know more about the Psuhke, but I think learning more about the Aporos would be interesting. Seems like it would be markless as well, no? Can't recall sorcerer's seeing anything beings 'pinpricks of oblivion'.

JerakoKayne:
I can't remember exactly where I saw it, but I have the tickle of a memory regarding something about it being a sort of religious issue. The inference I made reading something was that it was Nonman heresy. More specifically, that the Aporos was a rejection of mainstream Cunoroi spirituality, or their notions of the gods and Outside and stuff.

That and they were filthy traitors.

Probably it was some entry in the original PoN glossary, since none of this stuff was ever clear to me, at all, in the story itself.

Duskweaver:
IIRC, the order of events was:

1 - The Aporos is conceived of.
2 - A few Quya start experimenting with it.
3 - It is outlawed.
4 - Aporetic Quya unwilling to give up their research defect and flee to the Ark.
5 - Aporetic Quya working in the Ark create the first Chorae.

It's pretty clear that Chorae were invented after the Aporos was already forbidden and cannot therefore be the reason for the ban. It's also clear that the Aporetics defected after the ban, so that defection/treason also cannot be the reason for the ban.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version