Miscellaneous Chatter > The Forum of Interesting Things

The Intellectual War on Science

<< < (17/18) > >>

themerchant:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on March 02, 2018, 02:52:24 am ---
--- Quote from: themerchant on March 02, 2018, 01:44:33 am ---Yeah you can't use one theory to describe the other. They aren't compatible. Sure if you add in mathematically extra dimensions to account for the relative weakness of gravity you might create some model but you need an experiment to go along with it, otherwise it's just conjecture.

Scottish Mathematician James Clerk Maxwell unified the electrical and magnetic forces with his elegant equations in his A Dynamical Theory of the Electromagnetic Field, this included experimentation as well as mathematical models.

Quantum gravity is an idea at the moment.

On evolution for it to be truly random wouldn't it be immune to outside influence? I imagine if we took earth and then took a counterfactual earth but lower the temperature 5 degrees evolution would take different paths.

I guess it depends on what you mean by random, there are different meanings to different people.

--- End quote ---
Random to me just means that you cannot predict something exact, only the probability that x will happen etc.

--- End quote ---

You mean right now or in an absolute way, i mean, even with all information we cannot predict like say a particle, either velocity of position cannot know both.

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  Wilshire ---Yeah I'm pretty surprised someone with MSJ's family heritage would be so quick to jump to lynching as a solution to solve ones differences.
--- End quote ---

My family heritage has nothing to do with it. I have 3 half sisters whom are black. Lynching and the death penalty by hanging are two different things.

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  Wilshire ---Again, you're exactly the same. You suggesting killing someone for seeing the world differently than you. At what point does that give you moral high ground?
--- End quote ---

Killing "defective" children is totally different than killing the adult who thinks they have the right to do so.

--- Quote ---You right along with them, as you fall into your own category here.
--- End quote ---

No, I'm not trying to play god. But, handing out a death penalty to those trying to play god.

--- Quote ---What makes a family and what makes for better humans are not the same discussion.
By that logic, an adopted child cannot be loved. I assume you don't believe that.
--- End quote ---

Of course a adopted child should deserve that same love. I was talking about government or scientists deciding who mates with who.

--- Quote ---Not everyone has the same values.
--- End quote ---

Apparently. Ill let you all get back to your playing god and fixing the world. No problem with scientists when they work towards bettering life and extending life and curing diseases. Not when deciding on who should live and die.

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  TLEILAXU ---Oh the irony. I also like how you obviously barely read the thread or the arguments presented, yet feel entitled pass on judgement and lynching  8). Also, what's with the bashing on scientists? Showing some deep prejudices there.
--- End quote ---

Oh, I've read the threads. And, seen the comment that you'd have no problem with putting down "defective" kids. And, again, no problems with scientists as long as their not playing god.

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: MSJ on March 03, 2018, 12:52:06 am ---
--- Quote from:  TLEILAXU ---Oh the irony. I also like how you obviously barely read the thread or the arguments presented, yet feel entitled pass on judgement and lynching  8). Also, what's with the bashing on scientists? Showing some deep prejudices there.
--- End quote ---

Oh, I've read the threads. And, seen the comment that you'd have no problem with putting down "defective" kids. And, again, no problems with scientists as long as their not playing god.

--- End quote ---
No you haven't. You skimmed through it on your phone, got triggered and sperged out. Read the arguments instead closing your ears and insisting on executions.

--- Quote from: themerchant on March 02, 2018, 04:19:17 am ---You mean right now or in an absolute way, i mean, even with all information we cannot predict like say a particle, either velocity of position cannot know both.

--- End quote ---
I guess both, but they become the same by recursion eventually in a sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version