Earwa > The Unholy Consult

Do Dragons descended from Wutteat Comprehend Paradox?

<< < (2/8) > >>

sciborg2:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on May 07, 2021, 02:27:33 pm ---They are just another weapon. We know the Inchoroi can't make souls on purpose, so I think its safe to assume that the Wracu do not have souls.

--- End quote ---

...and yet ->

--- Quote from: Cû'jara-Cinmoi on June 22, 2016, 01:11:19 pm ---Mike mentioned this on TPB as the 'question of questions,' but I'm sure this in the books somewhere. Wracu find them painful, for reasons that are hotly contested. One interpretation involves the fact that it's not just places where atrocity wears thin the fabric of the onta. As Wutteat shows, it's beings as well. Wracu, some argue, are demonic in some respect.

Another interpretation turns on the way morality is intrinsic to the ontology of the World. If you look at Chorae as 'logic bombs' designed to obliterate violations of code, then you can chart antipathies to Chorae according to different kinds of violations. Thus the difference between Schoolmen and Cishaurim. Wracu are not simply Inchoroi abominations, they are Inchoroi abominations possessing souls. Like the Cishaurim, they do not so much violate the 'letter' as the 'spirit' of natural law. Chorae are 'ontological stressors' in the latter instance. 

--- End quote ---

SmilerLoki:
Ah, and here's that quote I forgot about!

sciborg2:

--- Quote from: SmilerLoki on May 10, 2021, 11:27:25 am ---Ah, and here's that quote I forgot about!

--- End quote ---

yeah same heh....makes me wonder to what degree are we Nonmen wandering in forgetfulness...

H:

--- Quote from: sciborg2 on May 09, 2021, 11:23:43 pm ---...and yet ->

--- Quote from: Cû'jara-Cinmoi on June 22, 2016, 01:11:19 pm ---Mike mentioned this on TPB as the 'question of questions,' but I'm sure this in the books somewhere. Wracu find them painful, for reasons that are hotly contested. One interpretation involves the fact that it's not just places where atrocity wears thin the fabric of the onta. As Wutteat shows, it's beings as well. Wracu, some argue, are demonic in some respect.

Another interpretation turns on the way morality is intrinsic to the ontology of the World. If you look at Chorae as 'logic bombs' designed to obliterate violations of code, then you can chart antipathies to Chorae according to different kinds of violations. Thus the difference between Schoolmen and Cishaurim. Wracu are not simply Inchoroi abominations, they are Inchoroi abominations possessing souls. Like the Cishaurim, they do not so much violate the 'letter' as the 'spirit' of natural law. Chorae are 'ontological stressors' in the latter instance. 

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I actually, at times, have wondered if they somehow went and "mixed" actual Inchoroi genomes and whatever genome Wutteät is/was in an attempt to manufacture Wracu.  Which might explain why they all are somewhat different than each other, each was some new experiment on how to combine Inchoroi DNA with Wutteät DNA and graft that onto cybernetic parts.  In other words, it was a makeshift process, using what tech they still had available, not wholesale "new" creations (which likely could not be souled because they lacked the understanding of how to imbue that "part").

Not that we could prove any of that one way or the other.

sciborg2:

--- Quote from: H on May 11, 2021, 02:55:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: sciborg2 on May 09, 2021, 11:23:43 pm ---...and yet ->

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I actually, at times, have wondered if they somehow went and "mixed" actual Inchoroi genomes and whatever genome Wutteät is/was in an attempt to manufacture Wracu.  Which might explain why they all are somewhat different than each other, each was some new experiment on how to combine Inchoroi DNA with Wutteät DNA and graft that onto cybernetic parts.  In other words, it was a makeshift process, using what tech they still had available, not wholesale "new" creations (which likely could not be souled because they lacked the understanding of how to imbue that "part").

Not that we could prove any of that one way or the other.

--- End quote ---

Might be why they were so obsessed with "cunny" as well....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version