Miscellaneous Chatter > General Misc.

DUNE movie cast revealed

(1/8) > >>

Francis Buck:
Put your stillsuits on baby because this movie is gonna be HOT.

Slated for release in 2020, the latest adaptation of Frank Herbert's 'Dune' is being directed by Canadian master Denis Villeneuve (whose impeccable track record includes Bladerunner 2049, Arrival, Sicario, Prisoners, and Enemy). Word is that the film will be a two parter, and actually follows the story of Paul Muad'dib from both the first book and its follow-up, Dune Messiah.

The casting revealed so far is:

Timothee Chalamet as Paul

Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica

Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto (in talks)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck

Zendaya as Chani (in talks)

Stellan Skarsgaard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista as Rabban

Javier Bardem as Stilgar (in talks)

Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho (in talks)

Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother

Assuming those still in negotiation go through, this is a pretty great cast for the movie in my opinion, and there are still a few big characters to go, including Feyd-Rautha and Duncan Idaho.

TLEILAXU:
AND Dune Messiah? Fucking ace m8. Let this movie be a success.

Madness:
Literally was just wondering who they are going to cast as Idaho and...

Jason Momoa...

I'm unsure how I feel. I've followed him as far back as Stargate so I know he *can* act but the media machine has done him a real disservice since GOT.

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: Madness on February 15, 2019, 02:39:50 am ---Literally was just wondering who they are going to cast as Idaho and...

Jason Momoa...

I'm unsure how I feel. I've followed him as far back as Stargate so I know he *can* act but the media machine has done him a real disservice since GOT.

--- End quote ---
I haven't kept up with him, but he was very good in The Red Road ( so sad they didn't continue that show ).

Ah, Stellan Skarsgaard is a demon, he'll make a great Baron :)

Madness:
Momoa was also great in Frontier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version