• 62 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2014, 11:49:46 pm »
Lol, i am not saying they lied about their relationship, i am just saying that they timed their push-ups so that Sorweel would bump into them and get jealous. You can have your cake and eat it too ;)
Wait, you mean this is something people didn't get?  Like it wasn't obvious they were setting up Sorweel to trigger jealousy?

Suddenly all the complaints about that scene make a lot more sense.  Really?  How did people miss that?

lol Zing! If only we where all as smart and quick-witted as you locke. Imagine, the world through the eyes of god such as yourself :P.
The narrative deliberately obfuscates the nature of K & E's kids to huge effect, locke. 
I think readers like you and I are constantly searching for hints as to what is 'really going on', but the clues are often slight and often contradictory, so much so that it is very easy just to assume they cancel each other and stick to interpreting actions only or just 'miss' things because one is looking for confirmation of other hints.
Constantly searching makes it likely you'll find something, but that doesn't mean its there. Forcing meaning into a meaningless passage ;) (not specifically this instance, just generally)
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2014, 01:43:39 am »
Was just rereading, maybe Yatwer was present at Akka and Mimara's first meeting?

Akka was yelling at Mimara, he wanted her to tell him why she had come...

"She flinched, looked down to the childish scribble at her feet: a gaping mouth scrawled in black across mineral white, with eyes, nose, and ears spaced across its lipless perimeter."

The Judging Eye, US edition, p. 48, a few pages into chapter 2.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2014, 03:03:27 pm »
So creepy. Communication and coordination are important parts of engagement (like getting shit done). If all Yatwerians communicate individually with their Goddess... she directs any or all of them...
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer