What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 11:18:10 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Quote from: Camlost
I sometimes like to entertain the idea that the second apocalypse truly comes to pass, that the Inchoroi and the Consult manage to reduce the population of Earwa to 144k only to realize that Earwa is no different from the countless other worlds they had annihilated. The idea of such grand futility in a world as intentional as Earwa possesses a kind of tragically humuorous poignancy to me
Jeez, some of the people here at SA really have 'pull the rug out' imaginations! Sheesh!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 11:18:19 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Jeez, some of the people here at SA really have 'pull the rug out' imaginations! Sheesh!

I wouldn't put something like that (the second apocalypse happening and proving futile) past Bakker. Though I'm certain he has more eloquent designs than that

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 11:18:27 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
I sometimes like to entertain the idea that the second apocalypse truly comes to pass, that the Inchoroi and the Consult manage to reduce the population of Earwa to 144k only to realize that Earwa is no different from the countless other worlds they had annihilated. The idea of such grand futility in a world as intentional as Earwa possesses a kind of tragically humuorous poignancy to me

Love this. I'd enjoy an ending like that. Like the end of 1984
(click to show/hide)

But i'd imagine it would seriously irritate several people (which is a lot considering the size of his fan base)

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 11:18:36 pm »
Quote from: Capt.Croaker
the arc explained............kellhus's true intentions(i believe the dunyain will seek to scavenge what ever sorcery/power he can from the arc...to what end...only bakker knows) .....what sethwathas dreams really are driving at.......and what sranc taste like on a open spite.....barbacued dog anyone?.......

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 11:18:45 pm »
Quote from: Auriga
I'd enjoy an ending like that. Like the end of 1984

Drusas Achamian gazed up at the enormous phallus. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the creature's watery features. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Aurang's phallus.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 11:18:54 pm »
lol stop it. not what i meant! we all know Bakker loves writing about penises

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 11:19:07 pm »
Quote from: Ajokli
we all know Bakker loves writing about penises

Who doesn't?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 11:19:14 pm »
Quote from: Ajokli
we all know Bakker loves writing about penises

Who doesn't?

Probably those people out there who insist that Bakker exclusively rights his books to demean women. I'd imagine they have a profound dislike of male genitalia in general.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 11:19:22 pm »
.. how pendulous must a phallus be to assuage someone's profundity

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2014, 04:34:09 pm »
prediction: the consult will use a scalper trick on sorcerers. 

remember how the skin eaters lured the sranc to the spot with the false earth so that they all fell in?  i bet the consult will dig some big ole holes to disrupt the echo of the ground that sorcerers use to walk the sky - drop the sorcerers down enough and they can be overwhelmed by chorae bearers or just sheer masses of sranc - better yet, have the pit full of hungry sranc to start with!

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 10:45:41 pm »
i bet there will be a moment in agongorea when the warrior-prophet repeats the miracle of the water from the carathay

OR

the warrior-prophet will be unable to repeat the miracle and it will shake the faith of the great ordeal!  half the GO will have to drink the other half's blood to make it across the waste!

it makes sense, once the consult realize they are feeding the GO with the sranc, they'll do something special to withdraw the hoard to golgotterath, and kellhus will reveal another contingency that the GO will now support itself with itself.  how much of the 280,000 is just food for the others?

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 04:34:51 pm »
i think there will be at least one minor disaster when skin spies pretending to be members of the great ordeal give way suddenly and a formation dissolves floods of skinnies

also a skin spy will sneak in and sound the toll like 5 minutes early and make everyone grouchy

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 07:47:10 pm »
Skin-spies in the lines during a battle would be devastating.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 06:02:48 pm »
Skin-spies in the lines during a battle would be devastating.

or it could happen at Dagliash--the Consult pretends to defend Dagliash before giving way to the Ordeal.  Once the Ordeal is inside/around the fortress, skinspies throw open the gates from within

i wonder if we are going to see the sranc make massive body pyramids to scale the walls?

maybe the skin spies will wait until the GO is trying to make its way inside of Golgotterath, lead groups into horrors, collapsing tunnels, to the IF room

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 02:41:06 am »
i wonder if we are going to see the sranc make massive body pyramids to scale the walls?
If an insect swarm can do it, then I'm pretty sure sranc can. They're more sophisticated by design. The trick is getting the critical mass and keeping it in place.