General > News/Announcements

Bakker on the Radio!

(1/7) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---The schedule for February and March is out at CBC Radio and word on Bakker's facebook page is that the episode with him, Cordelia Fine, and others:

Monday, March 18

THE FOOL’S DILEMMA
Bertrand Russell said “the trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure, while the intelligent are full of doubt”. Recent research in psychology suggests that our confidence often exceeds our competence. Our brains, researchers claim, take shortcuts and jump to conclusions that flatter us. Can we accurately assess what we know, or are we all subject to the fool's dilemma? Author Laura Penny talks to psychologists and writers about new perspectives on the age-old philosophical problem of human ignorance and self-delusion.

Ideas Schedule March
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---Thanks for the heads up, Madness!
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I can't wait to see who else is on with them. Fine and Bakker already seem like match made for each other.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Duskweaver ---Hmm... what is this unfamiliar feeling?

Is it... envy of Canadians? :o :P

(Like our own BBC, it seems the CBC doesn't allow foreigners to listen to its internet stream. :evil: )
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---
--- Quote from: Duskweaver ---(Like our own BBC, it seems the CBC doesn't allow foreigners to listen to its internet stream. :evil: )
--- End quote ---
TELL ME...WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY SAYING!? I CANNOT HEAR! TELL ME!

(funny sig, btw, Dusk!)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version