Earwa > The Crabikiad

Crabby Fails

<< < (2/8) > >>

Cuttlefish:

--- Quote from: H on December 21, 2017, 12:28:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: Cuttlefish on December 21, 2017, 09:39:37 am ---I thought he was defective due to his hand? He was only a baby when Koringhus took him, his defect was known as a baby - long before anything beyond physical could be established.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, this is what I felt as well.

All Dunyain are "defective in spirit" though.  Crabby is Dunyain by birth (a product of their breeding) but not by training, that is the distinction to be made I'd think.

--- End quote ---

Indeed, he has all the genetical superiority of the Dunyain, but very little of their ideology (probably even less than that since his dad told him it was all a lie before he died). He might grow up to be a hero or a villain in personality, and possess the Dunyain intellect.

The degree to which he has Dunyain skills is debatle, though. I don't think he could master people like his grandfather, though. Kellhus's flashbacks reveal that he went through special training to read expressions, and the crab handed boy never did. There was also that bit about him shedding the emotions he wears too early, that Koringhus remarks on warning him about.

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: Cuttlefish on December 21, 2017, 09:39:37 am ---I thought he was defective due to his hand? He was only a baby when Koringhus took him, his defect was known as a baby - long before anything beyond physical could be established.

--- End quote ---
It's his emotions.

--- End quote ---

All Dunyain are "defective in spirit" though.  Crabby is Dunyain by birth (a product of their breeding) but not by training, that is the distinction to be made I'd think.

--- End quote ---
I mean from a Dûnyain point of view.

Cuttlefish:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on December 21, 2017, 02:16:00 pm ---

--- End quote ---
It's his emotions.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Where are you getting that emotions thing? He was literally a baby when he was declared a defective, and saved by Koringhus. His defect seemed to be clearly his hand.

MSJ:
But, all the Survivor taught him was a lie. The Dunyain were so wrong about the world it was there downfall.

I say its a good thing he didn't receive the training. And, its gonna be very interesting indeed how he turns out. Remember, he oout ran a Skin-Spy.... So, the physical abilities are gonna be there along with being of the few.(maybe?)

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: Cuttlefish on December 21, 2017, 02:26:57 pm ---
--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on December 21, 2017, 02:16:00 pm ---

--- End quote ---
It's his emotions.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Where are you getting that emotions thing? He was literally a baby when he was declared a defective, and saved by Koringhus. His defect seemed to be clearly his hand.

--- End quote ---
Some quotes:

--- Quote ---The child was defective, as the Assessor had predicted.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---They would have cracked open his skull, had Ishuäl not fallen. The boy would have been pinned as all other Defectives were pinned to the subtlety of some forbidden affect, strapped for the scrutiny of others, nailed as if a drying hide to the outer expression of some inner frailty.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---There was more horror than concern in their faces when his eyes fluttered open. The boy especially.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The boy clutches his tunic with both hands, hale and halved. He cannot help himself. He is defective.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version