Hah, great point.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 05:06:33 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
And then he reneged on it because the prophesied one dun stealed his wumun.
Y'know the one he treated like shit for years.
Real commitment there.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Ah yes, the whore.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 05:06:55 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Lol... relationships are rough.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 05:07:05 pm »
Quote from: WillemB
Quote from: lockesnow
it would make sense that 'he died for our sins' if he went to hell voluntarily in the place of everyone else, and from that point onward, noone ever suffered damnation again, whether or not they were of God's chosen people or believed in him or had heard of him.

Isn't that what happened to the Christ figure in the story within a story within a story in NAME OF THE WIND?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 05:19:54 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Lol... relationships are rough.

lmao.
Relationships for Akka are REALLY rough. First that slut esmi, and now the World if fucking him, not to mention a little sex on the side with his adopted daughter.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 07:02:22 pm »
I wonder if Iyokus used Zioz to possess Achamian.  Achamian finding Ishual is part of Iyokus' long term plan to exact the Scarlet Spire's revenge on the Aspect-Emperor.  Iyokus is a rare character in that his unique combination of mundane power + arcane power + chanv addiction + blindness + daimos might be the sort of mix to mask his face/voice to the Warrior Prophet.  I doubt Kellhus' testing sample for this set is larger than 1.  Now that I come to think of it...but that comment goes elsewhere...

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 09:32:33 pm »
I think the only logical explanation here is that Kellhus destroyed Ishual. Had the Consult found the map, I suspect they wouldn't have just left it there. Like: "Here's the map we've been looking for. Hmm. I now where that is. Let's just leave this map here for the next guy that might need it."

My question is why would Kellhus do this. I would guess that the probability trance led him to believe more Dunyain would find their way into the world and he'd eventually have the same problem he had with his father (ie the Dunyain would eventually side with the Consult). But I can't imagine Akka will find any evidence of this. Maybe some scorch marks on the stone.

Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 09:41:44 pm »
Does the metagnosis have a different mark? I don't think it does.

If it was Kellhus, then any evidence left behind would have to have been planted. So even if they do find some evidence for this or that explanation, it could still be them walking some convoluted conditioned path.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 10:36:14 pm »
Does the metagnosis have a different mark? I don't think it does.

If it was Kellhus, then any evidence left behind would have to have been planted. So even if they do find some evidence for this or that explanation, it could still be them walking some convoluted conditioned path.

Agreed.

I don't think the metagnosis would leave a different mark.

Wic

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 10:49:19 am »
Akka finds, in a courtyard, Seswatha's heart. Grasping it again he has further revelations about the past. Revelations that lead him to the metagnosis and the Great Ordeal.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 01:42:45 pm »
Akka finds, in a courtyard, Seswatha's heart. Grasping it again he has further revelations about the past. Revelations that lead him to the metagnosis and the Great Ordeal.

I still feel like Seswatha's Heart is at Attrempus, in fact, it may well be Seswatha's "grave."  Note though, that I don't think Seswatha is actually dead, take the name "Tower of Respite" and this definition of respite "grant a delay or extension of time to; reprieve from death or execution."

Indeed, why make the Tower if not to use it?  The Mandate don't any more.  Why?  Because it's function is not yet needed.  Not until the SA actually begins.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 03:20:58 pm »

I still feel like Seswatha's Heart is at Attrempus, in fact, it may well be Seswatha's "grave."  Note though, that I don't think Seswatha is actually dead, take the name "Tower of Respite" and this definition of respite "grant a delay or extension of time to; reprieve from death or execution."

Indeed, why make the Tower if not to use it?  The Mandate don't any more.  Why?  Because it's function is not yet needed.  Not until the SA actually begins.

Why wouldn't his heart be at Atyersus? I don't think I read anything to make me think it's not still in the Mandate stronghold.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 03:30:18 pm »

Why wouldn't his heart be at Atyersus? I don't think I read anything to make me think it's not still in the Mandate stronghold.

Nothing textual.  Totally just a crack-pot theory based off the name and the fact that there has to be some reason for Attrempus to exist.

I mean, we don't know if "grasping the Heart" is actually literal, or figurative, do we?  I don't remember.

Even if the heart isn't there, I'm still buying that Attrempus is a "grave" of sorts...

EDIT: Found it:
For his whole life, ever since grasping the withered pouch of Seswatha's heart deep in the bowel of Atyersus, his dreams had possessed meaning... logic, horrifying to be sure, but comprehensible all the same. For his whole life he had awakened with purpose.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:34:29 pm by H »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 03:32:06 pm »
Lol - Blackstone.

The intervening years have driven many of us towards unthinkable speculation ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer