Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« on: June 29, 2015, 04:56:27 pm »
Some of you may have heard that Bakker recently confirmed that he nor his agent has heard anything about a publishing date in about half a year since turning in his manuscript. Love him or hate him, Bakker's The Second Apocalypse is too rich not to be completed. So far the social media response to harass Overlook Press and Orbit UK has been lacking at best. Even Wertzone's plea drew a dry response.

Please, please, please, if you have any appreciation for this series tweet or email Overlook, first and foremost, and Orbit UK.

#UnleashTheSecondApocalypse
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 06:35:47 pm »
What happened to the Westeros thread? Should we contact a mod about opening a new one? Someone raised how its very popular on the boards but not everyone necessarily frequents the official Bakker thread.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 07:49:44 pm »
I think it's that I literally used the word harass. Or else a mod at Westeros has a grudge against Bakker. Which wouldn't surprise me.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:02:31 pm »
They also get upset about how many Bakker threads end up on the first page...we can usually get away with 2, but sometimes not...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

geoint

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 12:14:48 am »
They also get upset about how many Bakker threads end up on the first page...we can usually get away with 2, but sometimes not...
Lol thats funny.  Damn GRRM fans and their 'gritty fantasy'  :-[

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 01:26:36 am »
I think it's that I literally used the word harass. Or else a mod at Westeros has a grudge against Bakker. Which wouldn't surprise me.
That or someone there had a grudge against you lol.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 01:34:25 am »
Also, wouldn't surprise me.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 03:47:31 am »
Lol are we The Mandate of the Westeros forums  :D :-\ :'(
"Wutrim kut miā€™puru kamuir!"

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 12:07:40 am »
there is a total lack of email addresses in this thread. :(

Quinthane

• Old Name
  • WATD
    • View Profile
    • MyDeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 02:04:24 am »
WATD --"the Logos is without beginning or end...and then it stops ."

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 02:01:10 pm »
there is a total lack of email addresses in this thread. :(

This topic had one:

Calibandar on Westeros suggested sales@overlookny.com.
and
Edit: Someone at TPB suggested contacting Orbit here.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:05:20 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Phallus Pendulus

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 03:08:05 pm »
Thanks for the address.

I shall email Overlook and let them know what will happen to their honeyed anuses if they don't release TuC within this year

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 12:52:07 am »
Reposting this here for those who don't frequent Westeros.org, although I'm sure you guys already know:

Duty measures the distance between the animal and the divine.
Ekyannus I, 44 Epistles

As some of you may know, Bakker has finished the manuscript for the sixth installment in The Second Apocalypse, The Unholy Consult, and delivered it to Overlook Press back at the beginning of the year. We're now halfway through 2015 and his agent has heard nothing about editing, much less publication. Some of us have started emailing sales@overlookny.com and contacting his UK publisher here but so far have heard back little to nothing. The purpose of this thread is to coordinate those efforts and demonstrate the significance we all place on the series.

Many recent fan campaigns have succeeded in convincing content publishers to take a second look at their underrated properties. The key seems to be 1) synchronizing efforts for maximum impact and 2) persistence. With that in mind, let's try to pursue a different avenue of attack each week to show our support.

Week 1 - The Cants of Calling

This might be terrifying for many of us but picking up the phone to briefly inquire at Overlook is a surefire way to literally "make your voices heard." Some of us have started calling in the last week and again, since coordination is key, let's try to get some calls in when each of us get a chance. Overlook's offices are in NYC, so try calling during business hours 9am-5pm U.S. Eastern Time. Also, this will likely be the only weekly effort with a TSA-related pun.

212-673-2210

What else can I do right now?

1. Join us over at second-apocalyplse.com - one of the issues making this so hard is that Bakker's readers are spread throughout the internet. Ideally, we'd like to have one place where we could manage this sort of thing and, of course, go really in-depth with all the nuances of The Unholy Consult once it arrives. We don't bite!

2. Follow Bakkerfans on Facebook, Twitter, subscribe to the Reddit page - huge shoutouts to Andy/Mr. G for an astounding social media presence. Great posts all around, ranging from news updates, fan artwork, quotes and more!

3. Follow the man himself on Twitter and Three Pound Brain - let's face it, there's a reason why Bakker's in the position he is. He admits his social media usage likely hinders the growth of a series yet still, it helps to lend him a bit more of a following.

4. Tell a friend - again, Bakker fans are so spread out, it's impossible for any one forum post to reach a respectable number of them. I've also heard that the amount of fantasy readers who actually go online to argue about the genre is actually a very small subset. Let fans of the series know wherever you can that this is going on. We'll also try to reach some of the places mentioned in here as well.

5. BELIEVE - This is only going to work if everyone takes part, so you have to have the mindset that every little bit helps. Don't forget the secret of battle!

Indomitable conviction. Unconquerable belief.

Contact Info for Bakker's Publishers

The Overlook Press
141 Wooster Street
New York, NY 10012
Tel: (212) 673-2210
Fax: (212) 673-2296

sales@overlookny.com

Orbit Contact Us page

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 02:39:10 am »
Thanks!

Quinthane

• Old Name
  • WATD
    • View Profile
    • MyDeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 02:11:34 pm »
the wracu on that notice looks like it was drawn by someone really handsome.
WATD --"the Logos is without beginning or end...and then it stops ."