• There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 08:00:35 pm »
That was great guys ;)

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 09:27:01 pm »
Just to clarify something, Madness you said that you're 100% sure that Meppa =  Moënghus?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 10:53:45 pm »
Does this link work for everybody: http://justcast.herokuapp.com/shows/387/audioposts ?

It takes a little longer to load but it should work.

I promise when I have a little more time I will take some solid time and work this out.

EDIT: Also, cheers to those who have listened to it and commented (or just listened). It's real cool ;D!

This one worked. Link it back at the top.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 12:41:24 am »
Madness, this is what is shown when I click your initial link, in case you're curious.

Francis Buck

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 01:32:22 am »
Just to clarify something, Madness you said that you're 100% sure that Meppa =  Moënghus?

I'm the one that thinks Meppa is Moe. I can't really say I'm 100% on anything, but I do believe it's a strong possibility.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:39:13 am by Francis Buck »

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 02:58:28 am »
*slow golf clap    Very nice gentlemen.  I mean, this truly is a red letter day for this community.  Although, I'm not sure with what regularity you're planning on releasing future installments

larrytheimp

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 07:53:25 am »
Nice job guys.  Very...... memorable. 

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 01:21:18 pm »
The regularity of these things is still being discussed. Maybe the community would like to have some input.

Instead of us just rambling on and on, we could potentially set up themes for each "episode". Maybe people could put in ideas here, or in another topic, about what they'd like us to talk about. For myself, I don't know if the random grab-bag style is more or less accessible, but it might be easier to search for specific topics if we set it up like that from the start. But we will probably be too lazy to do that ourselves (come on community!)

Also, as mentioned, if there are those of you out there that would like to participate in the future, please let your interest be known (post it here or send it in a PM). FB and I will definitely need someone else to participate since Madness won't be able to join in the discussion for a while.

Any input on time/length? This first one was about an hour, which seemed to go by rather quickly when recording but I'm not so sure the listeners will feel the same. If we do shorter, more streamlined versions we'll probably try to stick with one or two topics so we can pair it down to 20-30 minutes each. That said, judging on how long it took to sync the schedules of 3 people living in the same timezone, I imagine if/when others would like to participate, scheduling will be even more difficult. When we record, we could do hour+ (depending on personal time restraints) and split it into shorter blocks before we push it out. That way we could stagger the release and record once a month but post a short episode 2-4 times a month.

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »
If you're going to do a "Bakker and women" episode then I think you should get someone from the Westeros board who has been vocal in his/her criticism in the past. Perhaps Kalbear or Lyanna Stark. Supposing that they would agree or have the time to do it.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2014, 02:18:32 pm »
So I've modified my other two posts but for consistency:

iTunes link ;D:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/second-apocalypse-podcast/id878613771

Madness, this is what is shown when I click your initial link, in case you're curious.

Thanks... I realize JustCast is a beta webapp (but free). I'm corresponding with it's maker.

I'm the one that thinks Meppa is Moe. I can't really say I'm 100% on anything, but I do believe it's a strong possibility.

I'm pretty sure I say "100%." But that truly is just a habit of speech I've fallen into, not anything concrete: speculation only.

*slow golf clap    Very nice gentlemen.  I mean, this truly is a red letter day for this community.  Although, I'm not sure with what regularity you're planning on releasing future installments

Nice job guys.  Very...... memorable. 

Much appreciated. I hope the community uses it as a springboard thrive and self-organize that next little step.

The regularity of these things is still being discussed. Maybe the community would like to have some input.

Instead of us just rambling on and on, we could potentially set up themes for each "episode". Maybe people could put in ideas here, or in another topic, about what they'd like us to talk about. For myself, I don't know if the random grab-bag style is more or less accessible, but it might be easier to search for specific topics if we set it up like that from the start. But we will probably be too lazy to do that ourselves (come on community!)

Also, as mentioned, if there are those of you out there that would like to participate in the future, please let your interest be known (post it here or send it in a PM). FB and I will definitely need someone else to participate since Madness won't be able to join in the discussion for a while.

To be honest, I don't see us turning away any sort of involvement. I invite people to write whole episode itineraries and submit them to the thread (or PM) should they feel the compelling interest.

As I mentioned to Wilshire in Quorum, FB's original thought when I suggested a TSACast was to make it about the membership here (as there is such a diversity and we all have much to learn from each other). So guests are key to my part of the vision (which exists and manifests by all our (non)involvement). Also, more focused and less freeranging. Now I would never cut out all the tangenting (as it is clearer a portion of zest and lifeblood here) and Wilshire, FB, and I were lucky in that we've interact alot on the forum and we more or less fall into a comfortable flow as the episode carried on. But we burned through my little rubric pretty quickly and it would be really nice if it followed more of a central theme. One of my original conceptions was to pick a handful of threads here on the forum that are dictated by a chosen theme and simply explore those in detail.

Actually, I can already feel my brain bending towards a number of suggestions that aren't plot related.

But unrelated thoughts:

- Also, plugs! Wilshire/FB (volunteered ;)?) will likely have to play host to the immediate future, though I will definitely be harassing and haranguing them and the community into engaging. But whoever does should mention that www.rscottbakker.com is where to buy books and www.second-apocalypse.com is where to go to discuss the series. You'd be surprised how suddenly there will be a population of people who've only ever listened to the TSACast who have never been online with us...

- A more canned intro/signoff that passes the Wilshire Annoyance Meter ;) (which is much measured and many practical).

Any input on time/length? This first one was about an hour, which seemed to go by rather quickly when recording but I'm not so sure the listeners will feel the same. If we do shorter, more streamlined versions we'll probably try to stick with one or two topics so we can pair it down to 20-30 minutes each. That said, judging on how long it took to sync the schedules of 3 people living in the same timezone, I imagine if/when others would like to participate, scheduling will be even more difficult. When we record, we could do hour+ (depending on personal time restraints) and split it into shorter blocks before we push it out. That way we could stagger the release and record once a month but post a short episode 2-4 times a month.

I think 45min would be a great mark. An hour goes by so fast for everyone, I think. Don't split up a single episode :P.

If you're going to do a "Bakker and women" episode then I think you should get someone from the Westeros board who has been vocal in his/her criticism in the past. Perhaps Kalbear or Lyanna Stark. Supposing that they would agree or have the time to do it.

Lol - oh, please, please, let me be on that one, Wilshire/FB. Don't do all the interesting ones without me :P. Though, there always is time for Round 2 topics after TUCs release.

EDIT:

Picking through the Almanac would make excellent itinerary items!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:57:32 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 03:42:55 pm »
Madness you can take my spot on the bakker/misogyny episode, if ever we do one. Its not that I have an issue with the topic, just how it always turns out. Its a political debate, which always tend towards the same direction (and its never to a point of resolution).

For some reason it is a popular topic, so by all rights we should talk about it, but I would rather push it off into the future. Its a polarizing topic, and I'd rather wait on irritating listeners until we have have a couple of followers (if we get that many).

Based on the top 10 most posted topics:
Art, no god, Meppa is X, excerpt chapter 1, sorcery, who destroyed the dunyain monastery.

Based on views (not in top 10 posts):
Inverse Fire, Dunyain and Nonmen

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 06:29:57 pm »
The hill where Kellhus makes his last speech is not the same as the one where the Old Prophet knelt or sacrificed his son or whatever Madness was referring to (as far as I can tell.)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2014, 06:49:38 pm »
Quote from: WLW, p769, Canadian paperback
"Swaranul was a place holy to the ancient High Norsirai, for it was here that the Gods had come to the chieftains of their many tribes and granted them tenure for all the lands within a thousand leagues."

Whereas Angeshrael, the Burnt Prophet, knelt before "Husyelt at the food of Mount Eshki" (TTT, p512, Canadian paperback).

If and when I participate again, I will make sure that my books are with me. I was at my sister's for the evening :(.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Garet Jax

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 08:03:26 pm »
Good show.  I am only about 15 minutes in, and am going to put my desk phone on do not disturb and close my office door for the rest of the day.

Cheers guys, nice work... so far.

I love the different pronunciations.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:07:17 pm by Garet Jax »

Srancy

• Momurai
  • Unconditioned Shit Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 11:03:22 pm »
Dashing Canadian accent, there!