Bakkerisms IRL

• 16 Replies

Garet Jax

« on: November 25, 2014, 03:43:35 pm »
Another Quorum based conversation that has arisen...

When is the last time you used a quote or situation from the Bakkerverse in real life?  Whether at your office, at home, or in passing conversation?  Please provide some context.

I personally use them as often as I can.  My most recent use was when we were getting ready to start a staff meeting and I leaned over to a co-worker and asked "Are you ready for the slog of slogs?"  Which, of course, was met with the most incredulous stare you could imagine.  It was quite rewarding.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 03:52:07 pm »
the first thing that comes to mind like this is how often i get teased by my family, like "what do you want for Christmas dad and don't say The Unholy Consult because it's never coming out!"

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 05:53:45 pm »
The other night I told my girl that by surrendering, she has conquered me.

Quinthane

• Old Name
  • WATD
    • View Profile
    • MyDeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 05:58:49 pm »
i told my girlfriend (when asked 'you'll never let me go, will you?') that i'd murder the world to find her.
WATD --"the Logos is without beginning or end...and then it stops ."

Garet Jax

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 06:16:16 pm »
The other night I told my girl that by surrendering, she has conquered me.
i told my girlfriend (when asked 'you'll never let me go, will you?') that i'd murder the world to find her.

Wow.  Those are solid.  I need to step up my romance game apparently.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 06:21:47 pm »
This has got to one of my favorite topics lol.

Much brilliance.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Francis Buck

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 03:41:24 am »
This is not exactly in-line with the thread, but I was watching Kill Bill last night, there's one line I've always liked from Hattori Hanzo, and I thought it totally sounded like something a character in TSA might say.

I am finished doing what I swore an oath to God 28 years ago to never do again. I've created "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I am sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.

Phallus Pendulus

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 11:29:18 am »
"I only fuck the meat" is a regular phrase in my household.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 01:18:42 am »
"I only fuck the meat" is a regular phrase in my household.

Dark.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 02:48:43 pm »
LOL, ummm, you know how kids love for ya to do a beast impersonation? Well, I do my best Cnauir, "I am Cnaüir urs Skiötha, and I am the breaker of horses and men!", then let a big roooooaaaaaaaaar! The kids love it, and when we're having Battle Royale everynight after bath time, my lil girl says daddy do your Nar Kikoka, gotta love em. And it totally takes your daddy strength to another level.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:50:53 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 02:52:53 pm »
lol that is awesome.

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 11:02:13 pm »
I really don't quote actually phrases from the text.. I have memorized a few of the epigraphs and aphorisms that I sometimes pepper into conversations to sound smarter than I am.   "The shape of virtue is inked in obscenity" may have been fortuitously planted in a term paper on Kurosawa's Throne of Blood  ;)

Garet Jax

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 11:15:39 pm »
LOL, ummm, you know how kids love for ya to do a beast impersonation? Well, I do my best Cnauir, "I am Cnaüir urs Skiötha, and I am the breaker of horses and men!", then let a big roooooaaaaaaaaar! The kids love it, and when we're having Battle Royale everynight after bath time, my lil girl says daddy do your Nar Kikoka, gotta love em. And it totally takes your daddy strength to another level.

That move has been stolen.  My son loves it when I roar at him... ;)

Thank you.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 04:09:18 pm »

BEAUTIFUL - wish i could go back in time and do this!

at my house, i tease my daughter that the only way to stop the No-God is to make him face a gabby, obnoxious adolescent :P  (this is revenge for telling me that The Unholy Consult is never coming out)

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 02:38:15 am »

BEAUTIFUL - wish i could go back in time and do this!

at my house, i tease my daughter that the only way to stop the No-God is to make him face a gabby, obnoxious adolescent   (this is revenge for telling me that The Unholy Consult is never coming out)

LOL! As Madness says " 2015 Year of Bakker"
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,