• 152 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 08:45:07 pm »
Board games are growing in popularity. It wouldn't be the worst idea :) .
Someone around here is, in fact, developing a boardgame loosely based on the TSA.
For the record (for those who don't know) Bakker said he thought makeing a Total War franchise esque video game would be ideal for his vision of TSA.
Large scale war games fit nicely into the world, and maybe easier to balance than a more RPG style game.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 10:53:48 pm »
Someone around here is, in fact, developing a boardgame loosely based on the TSA.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude ... do tell!
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 03:10:47 pm »
Even if you're not into board games, this cat's review of Nemesis is fricken hilarious ... give it a whirl if any of you have some free time and want a laugh ( the game looks cool, just his presentation is intentionally quite funny ). The game is a clear ripoff of Alien, but looks kinda cool. I love the alien miniature holding up one of it's "babies".

https://youtu.be/DYnjmnpY0EA
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:12:33 pm by TaoHorror »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 06:19:23 pm »

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude ... do tell!

Sorry, I thought you knew. In that case:
It's called The Vulgar Holy War, and was made by Frail.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 08:09:06 pm »
There's a live KS going for a game called Planet Apocalypse. Think I'm going to back it. Scroll down near the bottom of the front page, there's a nice turn table view of the miniatures. It's Lovecraftian Horror meets Kingdom Death. I like Lovecraft, the lore is cool, but haven't bought into any of the Cthulhu games, the monsters just seem a mess to me with eyeballs and mouths everywhere - more "over the top" in lieu of "art". This game is by the same guy ( I think ), but he's imho doing a nice job of introducing art into the monsters this go around and they're much more appealing to me ( though he's over using the head-ish coming out of the rear-end design bit too much - I do like it, but doesn't need to be on almost every monster ). Kinda a fun theme with "normal" people fighting otherworldly demons and such, some humor there.

And H, where the fuck are the pictures of your WH figures?

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 08:26:19 pm »
Here's my obliterator, pic a bit blurry https://imgur.com/a/FluWY

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 10:56:20 pm »

Very cool, looks like he means business  :)

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 11:18:52 am »

Nice!  I have several of those that "were" built.  They weren't painted though and over time (and a couple moves) the little weapon bits have broken off...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 12:17:55 pm »

Nice!  I have several of those that "were" built.  They weren't painted though and over time (and a couple moves) the little weapon bits have broken off...

Ah, the bane of our miniature collecting existence ... our prophet, he does not heal.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 11:11:50 am »

(Picture was pretty huge, click it for full size if you want.)

Been pretty busy, but I finally managed to get the "hobby corner" in some kind of shape.

Next adventure is to learn how to airbrush...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:13:40 am by H »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 11:31:52 am »
The track lighting is very nice. Looks like many hours of fun waiting to be had.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 11:43:06 am »
The track lighting is very nice. Looks like many hours of fun waiting to be had.

They are actually LED's that are meant to go behind a TV, but just happened to be about the perfect size.  They even change colors and stuff, which looks neat but is totally worthless, haha.  But I really need to find some decent desk lights that I can put some LED daylight bulbs into.  While it looks bright due to the flash on the camera, it's really not great for painting.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2018, 05:05:24 pm »
Aw, man, so nice - I need to build/get one of those ( my house is too small! ) and stop paying people to paint my mini's. I bought some paints/brushes to get started and then had hand surgery. I should be in good enough shape to get going, I have plenty of "patients" I can try out my brush on to get good before attempting awesome stuff.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2018, 05:25:51 pm »
Aw, man, so nice - I need to build/get one of those ( my house is too small! ) and stop paying people to paint my mini's. I bought some paints/brushes to get started and then had hand surgery. I should be in good enough shape to get going, I have plenty of "patients" I can try out my brush on to get good before attempting awesome stuff.

I certainly am not a "good" painter at all.  And I have no time to really practice either, but I am trying.  The airbrush is mainly so that I can prime stuff without having to go outside, because even when the weather is OK to spray, there is so much pollen, wind, etc, that the results aren't great.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2018, 06:38:19 pm »
What sort of armies do you guys play?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:42:18 pm by TLEILAXU »