March Madness

• 20 Replies

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 09:31:48 pm »
Really sorry about the Michigan State loss, MSJ. Talk about salt and butchery....Anagke is truly pissed at you. First Arizona.....
:(
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 09:40:25 pm »
Quote from:  BFK
Really sorry about the Michigan State loss, MSJ. Talk about salt and butchery....Anagke is truly pissed at you. First Arizona.....

No worries. I've never won a bracket league before. No I'm lying. I won a few years back when UNC won, a money league. Still haven't seen that money
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 09:56:49 pm »
Quote from:  BFK

No worries. I've never won a bracket league before. No I'm lying. I won a few years back when UNC won, a money league. Still haven't seen that money
"Check's in the mail." Right.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 02:07:12 am »
It's official: BFK has won the 2018 TSA March Madness competition!

With the Villanova win, BFK hits 50 points, and neither Tao nor MSJ can catch him.

BFK's maximum possible point total is 130, and he's in the running to win MSJ's bracket (thanks to MSJ for hosting!). Michigan is the key. BFK picked Villanova and Michigan to play for the championship. Fingers crossed.....

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 01:29:06 pm »
It's official: BFK has won the 2018 TSA March Madness competition!

With the Villanova win, BFK hits 50 points, and neither Tao nor MSJ can catch him.

BFK's maximum possible point total is 130, and he's in the running to win MSJ's bracket (thanks to MSJ for hosting!). Michigan is the key. BFK picked Villanova and Michigan to play for the championship. Fingers crossed.....

Congratulations! Time to make some money!
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2018, 05:14:42 am »
Final update: Villanova vs. Michigan in the final game tonight. BFK picked both teams to meet, and Villanova to win.

BFK smoked the MSJ bracket! Let's do it again next year, guys! No way can BFK repeat, right? Obviously a combo of dumb luck/intuition/too much sports talk on radio/more dumb luck.

Important statistical concept: regression to the mean. In other words, BFK is having his day in the sun, but (to quote another fantasy series) winter is coming.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 05:17:04 am by BeardFisher-King »