Three Roses, Bk.1 by Roger Eichorn

• 77 Replies

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2016, 04:54:05 am »
Oh, I missed this at the time. Will have a peek later.

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2016, 02:22:57 pm »
Liked it a lot, again. Glad to hear that the previous opening with the sidereas game will be used for Bk2. Just curious if that actually means book 2 in this trilogy/duology, or rather the 2nd section of this first book.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2016, 03:05:38 pm »
Tried to read it o my phone but didn't like that media. I'll print it out and read it, hopefully sooner rather than later.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2016, 03:11:28 pm »
Yeah, I've read part one and while I can tolerate reading it on my screen, the rest can wait. I spent my beer-drinking time with family and then MG instead of reading last night ;).

I'm so astonished how effortless pumping out these different versions is for you, delavagus.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

reichorn

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2016, 05:43:45 pm »
Tried to read it o my phone but didn't like that media. I'll print it out and read it, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Anyone who's WordPress-savvy and wants to make recommendations for formatting my blog, let me know.  My patience runs out quick when I try to do shit like that...

I'm so astonished how effortless pumping out these different versions is for you, delavagus.

Effortless?  Hah!  That's just an expression of your blindness to the wheels turning behind the screen...

reichorn

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2016, 08:13:15 pm »
Liked it a lot, again. Glad to hear that the previous opening with the sidereas game will be used for Bk2. Just curious if that actually means book 2 in this trilogy/duology, or rather the 2nd section of this first book.

Thanks for reading!  For a long time I imagined Three Roses as a trilogy of door-stoppers.  Last year, or the year before, I decided the story was better off as six reasonably sized books.  So it's a sex-ology?  Awesome.

I do still plan on using the sidereas game as the opening for Book 2, as in the second book of the series.

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2016, 06:23:13 am »

Thanks for reading!  For a long time I imagined Three Roses as a trilogy of door-stoppers.  Last year, or the year before, I decided the story was better off as six reasonably sized books.  So it's a sex-ology?  Awesome.

I do still plan on using the sidereas game as the opening for Book 2, as in the second book of the series.
More books is music to my ears! Who can argue with a sex-ology. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2016, 01:54:45 pm »
Anyone who's WordPress-savvy and wants to make recommendations for formatting my blog, let me know.  My patience runs out quick when I try to do shit like that...

The blog is fine, I just don't like reading on my phone, or a screen at all if I can avoid it. Much better for me to read it on paper. Smaller things, like forum posts or blog posts are fine, but this is some 30 pages... I don't think so. I've got it printed, so I'll probably get to it once I finish The Wise Man's Fear, as I'm nearing the end and tend to engage better with stories one at a time.

reichorn

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2016, 11:58:34 pm »
The blog is fine, I just don't like reading on my phone, or a screen at all if I can avoid it. Much better for me to read it on paper.

I've been meaning to say that anyone forum regulars who want .pdf's of my chapters, I'd be happy to send them.  Much easier that way, if you're going to print them out.  Let me know.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2016, 02:03:29 pm »

Hey,

My own Wordpress is here: https://sffden.wordpress.com/ although I have been developing commercial sites my own is free at the moment although I am in the process of an upgrade and redesign.

If I can help at all feel free to PM me.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2016, 02:41:39 pm »
The blog is fine, I just don't like reading on my phone, or a screen at all if I can avoid it. Much better for me to read it on paper.

I've been meaning to say that anyone forum regulars who want .pdf's of my chapters, I'd be happy to send them.  Much easier that way, if you're going to print them out.  Let me know.

Yeap. Please and thank you, up to and including anything you'd like to share. If the experience with Bakker has taught me anything, it's that I can learn an exceptional amount studying the work of my betters.

EDIT: Where the hell does the expression "betters" come from to mean those better than you?
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

reichorn

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2016, 06:59:36 pm »
EDIT: Where the hell does the expression "betters" come from to mean those better than you?

According to the OED, it goes back to Old English, meaning both "One's superior in a particular sphere, activity, or personal quality" and "A person of higher rank or social station than oneself. In later use chiefly in pl."  It's no surprise that it's so old, and Germanic.

Some examples:

OE   Vainglory (1936) 36   He þa scylde ne wat fæhþe gefremede, feoh [read feoþ] his betran eorl fore æfstum.

c1330  (▸?c1300)    Guy of Warwick (Auch.) l. 1939 (MED),   A gode kniȝt and no coward—Anon to Speyne his better nis.

OE   Battle of Maldon (1942) 276   Eadweard..gylpwordum spræc þæt he nolde fleogan fotmæl landes, ofer bæc bugan, þa his betera leg.

c1275  (▸?a1200)    Laȝamon Brut (Calig.) (1963) l. 1872   For hit was swuþe mouchel scome..þat scholde a quene [sc. Cordelia] beon king in þisse londe & heora sunen beon buten þa weren hire beteren [c1300 Otho betere] of þan aldre sustren.

Yes, I'm a very literal person...

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2016, 09:56:03 pm »
Lol - I appreciate muchly, good sir.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2016, 01:35:28 am »
The story is very intriguing.  I want to read the rest now :)

reichorn

• The Afflicted Few
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2016, 04:41:57 am »
I want to read the rest now :)

That's exactly what I want to hear!

Thanks for reading, Wilshire!  If you have the time or inclination, I'd appreciate any comments, positive or negative.  If not, that's cool too.  I imagine we've been down this road before...

But this draft is the one.  Strangely, I am free of doubt on this point.  I never could have said that before.

This is the one!