• 22 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 02:34:12 pm »
Quote from: lockesnow
perhaps the sideways rinsing came from something completely left field.

perhaps Titirga worked to restore the world after his sorcery changed it, if he tried to put right god's creation would this not somewhat rinse the stain of his sin away?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 02:34:19 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
I caution your use of the word sin, though for new personal bias reasons. I no long think that the bruise represents damnation, nor that sorcery itself damns the user, just that it happens to lead to evil deeds.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 02:34:25 pm »
just using Titirga's terminology.

Wrath flashed in Titirga’s eyes. “Nevertheless, there remains someone beneath me. Someone hooded in our shared sin.”

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 02:34:33 pm »
Quote from: Triskele
perhaps the sideways rinsing came from something completely left field.

perhaps Titirga worked to restore the world after his sorcery changed it, if he tried to put right god's creation would this not somewhat rinse the stain of his sin away?

That raises another question:  If sorcery really is sin, is there some way to atone for it?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 02:34:41 pm »
Is there a way to atone for any sins magical or otherwise? I dont think forgiveness is really a part of Earwa.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 02:34:48 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Mimara? Cishaurim? Angelic Ciphrang?

Signs point to absolution.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 02:34:56 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
Is there a way to atone for any sins magical or otherwise? I dont think forgiveness is really a part of Earwa.

Quote from: RSB
There's three basic options: Oblivion, Damnation, or Redemption. The idea is that without the interest of the various 'agencies' (as the Nonmen call them) inhabiting the Outside, one simply falls into oblivion - dies. Certain acts attract the interest of certain agencies. One can, and most Inrithi do, plead to redeemed ancestors to intercede on their behalf, but most give themselves over to some God. Doing so, however, puts their souls entirely into play, and the more sketchy one's life is, the more liable one is to be 'poached' by the demonic, and to live out eternity in everlasting torment.

Redemption seems like a synonym for forgiveness, but as others have noted, its possibly more like an agreeable form of damnation. 
Intercession seems very little like forgiveness and more like some type of alliance or vassalage?

Sorcery seems to attract the interest of outside agencies almost instantly - and not the 'nice' agencies.  I don't think Oblivion is really an option for sorcerers, but Titirga suggests its possible in TFD.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 02:35:05 pm »
Aw shit well there goes that thought. You're right it would seem.

Still though, maybe redemption/forgiveness is not something people can give to eachother. Maybe its just a god thing...