• 183 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2013, 03:23:12 pm »
Quote from: Madness
I have much faith in prosthetics and make-up, Auriga.

Jackman honestly looks great there but agreed, Cnaiur is tiger-stripped, the most violent of all men - even two hundred uniform scars (I'm sure there's more) would be terrifying and majestic.

Just scar him up.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2013, 03:23:19 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire

Jackman honestly looks great there but agreed, Cnaiur is tiger-stripped, the most violent of all men - even two hundred uniform scars (I'm sure there's more) would be terrifying and majestic.

Just scar him up.

terrifying, majestic, and a bitch for makeup to reapply. i'd feel sorry for that guy.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2013, 03:23:25 pm »
Quote from: Auriga

Yeah. With enough make-up and yellow contacts, Jackman in that pic would be the spitting image of Cnaiür. (And I especially like that ugly scar on Jackman's head in Les Miserables, it might as well be the scar of an axe-blow to the skull):

Also from the same movie, a perfect expression for a half-starved Cnaiür:

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2013, 03:23:32 pm »
So, here's my cast:

Kellhus:

Esmenet:

Serwë:

Sarcellus:

Sorweel:

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2013, 03:23:41 pm »
Joaquin Phoenix will always be my pick for Conphas, who your Sorweel reminds me of.

Also, Sarcellus needs to be someone special... Like Jason Isaacs:

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2013, 03:31:05 pm »
Joaquin Phoenix will always be my pick for Conphas, who your Sorweel reminds me of.

I never thought of Iwan Rheon's similarity to Phoenix, I just remembered his role in Misfits. He looks both sympathetic and creepy at the same time, definitely the sort who would be jacking off in the bushes while peeking at twincest.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2013, 03:31:12 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Haha an animated film. The original Hobbit film adaption came to mind.

Whoever had the idea of a PON cartoon probably had something like Berserk in mind rather than the Hobbit cartoons.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2013, 03:31:19 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
:twisted: Kellhus with big eyes, spiky blue hair and a ridiculously large sword?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2013, 03:31:25 pm »
Quote from: bbaztek
aurang as griffith

make it happen japan

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2013, 03:31:32 pm »
Quote from: Haaska
Did anyone of you watch Homeland?

Mandy Patinkin could pull of a great Achamian, in my opinion. Especially this grumpy-yet-empathetic sceptic aspect.

Then again, he could be somewhat too old ... or how old is Achamian in PoN again?! I would still opt for him as Achamian in The Aspect-Emperor.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2013, 03:31:39 pm »
Good choice, Haaska, though it actually makes me consider John Noble as Achamian in AE.

Just by this threads existence, we make ourselves the obvious demographic to consult - lol no pun intended - should the PON ever be made into a movie. If movie or show-makers aren't going to satisfy us, who are they doing it for?

Then I'm reminded of all the times that image renditions of linguistic narratives have not satisfied their original readers :(.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2013, 03:31:47 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
:twisted: Kellhus with big eyes, spiky blue hair and a ridiculously large sword?

Nah, I was rather thinking of the rape demons and monster cocks and eldritch abominations in Berserk. The author of that cartoon would get the Consult down to a T.

Just by this threads existence, we make ourselves the obvious demographic to consult - lol no pun intended - should the PON ever be made into a movie. If movie or show-makers aren't going to satisfy us, who are they doing it for?

Well, the dedicated fanboiz are usually a small demographic (too small to make a difference in the revenues - and they'll still watch movies they hate), which is why these movies are mainly geared to the normal movie-watching crowd. It's not easy to make a movie that appeals both to the normal cinema-goers and to the hardcore fans. Few filmmakers have managed both, and it's better to err on the side of caution by pleasing the majority. 

It's still funny to imagine a PON movie being advertised as "a nice fantasy film"* and drawing the typical crowd, only to have the audiences storming out of the theater or fainting in their seats.

[size=85]* Complete with a cheesy official poster of a cool warrior-monk, a fatherly-looking wizard, a blonde bombshell, a kick-ass barbarian chieftain, and a CGI tornado. The movie would be released with toys, action figures, and stuffed Aurang plushies for the kids.[/size]

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2013, 03:31:53 pm »
Quote from: Davias
A few days ago, I have told a friend about the Second Apocalypse and he was asking some questions about the books.
I have answered, that they are not like my other fantasy books, which I mentionend to him ago in the last decade.

As very lazy reader, my friend said:"Oh, I believe it is awesome, but I think I will wait, till they make a movie or a series out of this, like with "Song of Ice & Fire"

I have laughed and said:"No, you didn't understand me. It's not like "Game of Thrones, or something like that."
He asked:"And what it is like? Like Lord of the Rings? Or what?"

It was a little bit difficult to answer that question.

I said:"Ok, if someone would make a movie out of the Second Apocalypse it would be a mixture made of "Lord of the Rings".....mmmhhh ok, a little bit "Game of Thrones", "some Philosophy literature" and....mmmhhhh "Raping Aliens"

He watched me carefully and said:"Raping Aliens?"

I grinned:"Yes, with Raping Aliens."

He shook his head, looked away from me back on his computer screen, where some online game was running at the time
( as it happened most of the time, when I sit by his side  :roll: )

His concluding sentence, muttered in his beard was something like:"...Lord of the Rings, Philosophy and Raping Aliens. You read some crazy shit these days..."

My answer was:"Yep, you're right. But IS NOT ALL TRUTH INFINITE?"

I grinned. "Ok, I think you must read the books, to understand that. I don't think, someone would make a movie out of it. But if you don't read them, I'm sure, you'll miss something."

He looked back at me, as if I was a strange frog, sitting by his side. His last words were somewhat sarcastic:"....Raping Aliens? No...I don't think I would miss something..."

"You don't think? Oh, that is an interesting statement. Let's talk about thinking..."

I must say, the conversation wasn't going in an fruitful direction, but it was a lot of fun :mrgreen:

That was just my two cents

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2013, 03:32:00 pm »
Quote from: lockesnow
back before the HBO series, I used to try and persuade people to read ASOIAF as, "The Sopranos of modern fantasy."

Today I would describe TSA as "Imagine if David Lynch made The Seventh Seal."

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2013, 03:32:08 pm »
Quote from: bbaztek
there will never come a day that a TSA movie is greenlit. jolly old mandy patinkin or no (awesome choice btw), there isn't a hollywood exec worth his salt who would give the go-ahead to create a fantasy movie about rape aliens. no one but the most suicidal director would be willing to suffer the herculean hoop-jumping that is making a race of mondo-dicked aliens palatable for modern audiences, and also satisfy the hardcore fans who would prefer not to see the philosophical depth of the series neutered for a quick buck.