General > Author Q&A

The Rape of Omindalea

(1/5) > >>

locke:
Why was the rape of omindalea removed from the published appendix and is this entry still valid as it was when you posted it to the old forum?

(The internet doesn't forget... It remembers!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cû'jara-Cinmoi:
I had no idea it was removed! I'll have to investigate...

H:

--- Quote from: Cû'jara-Cinmoi on June 22, 2016, 12:39:55 pm ---I had no idea it was removed! I'll have to investigate...

--- End quote ---

Interesting.  Just keep in mind that we discovered a sort of continuality "error" in the entry as you shared it a long while ago:

--- Quote from: H on February 10, 2016, 04:20:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: Wilshire on February 10, 2016, 01:33:00 am ---
--- Quote from: Azuredarkness on February 09, 2016, 01:35:50 pm ---Well, I doubt she died bearing him, as the rape is dated to 820, and she lived till 825.

--- End quote ---
Right, see, you'd think that, but it says

--- Quote ---Omindalea conceives by the union and dies bearing Anasûrimbor Sanna-Jephera
--- End quote ---

Maybe the nonman children take longer to grow...

Also, welcome to the forum.

--- End quote ---

No, the problem isn't us, it's the entry.

--- Quote ---820 - The Rape of Omindalea. Jiricet, a Nonman
Siqû to the God-King Nincarû-Telesser II
(787-828), rapes Omindalea (808-825), first
daughter of Sanna-Neorjë (772-858) of the
house of Anasûrimbor in 824, and then flees
to Ishterebinth.
--- End quote ---

The entry is dated 820, but it says it occurred in 824.  My guess is 824 is correct, since it was never published, it was probably never proof-read and corrected.

--- End quote ---

So it happened in 824 (not really 820) and she died in 825, meaning that it is possible that Nonman gestation could take upwards of a year (we already have mention that there are longer gestation periods for possible half-breeds, if my theory is correct).

EDIT: Mind you my last comment there is rather irrelevant, just finishing the thought that started the discussion.

Cû'jara-Cinmoi:
And it is hard to find decent scribes nowadays, since the Many-Hands have seized the lowland cities, and the Cironji pirates have shut down all commerce, including traffic in slaves.

H:

--- Quote from: Cû'jara-Cinmoi on June 22, 2016, 01:14:47 pm ---And it is hard to find decent scribes nowadays, since the Many-Hands have seized the lowland cities, and the Cironji pirates have shut down all commerce, including traffic in slaves.

--- End quote ---

I think you might find many willing scribes here.  Some probably even willing to sell their souls to fend off the pirates, if need be!

(Full disclosure: I'll sign 50 NDA's or an indenture, whatever it might take.  I'd prefer the NDAs though, as I already down a few molars thanks to genetics.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version