Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2017, 07:17:02 pm »
I'm halfway through. Thanks for posting here, Wert.

EDIT: Updated all the links in profgrape's opening post.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:19:00 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2017, 09:46:49 pm »
"That Kellhus's love for his children clouded the Thousandfold Thought...."

There you go Wert, you get it! 🍻
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2017, 12:13:15 am »

If Kellhus left his children to die and is 100% ready to kill the rest anytime when he loved them, I wonder what would he had done if he hated them.....
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2017, 12:34:54 am »

If Kellhus left his children to die and is 100% ready to kill the rest anytime when he loved them, I wonder what would he had done if he hated them.....

Redeagl, in two months you will come to America and bow down to me. Exult, "The Master of theories."..
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2017, 12:51:38 am »
What child of Kellhus's that he brought to term, did he kill? Please enlighten me? You're letting your feeling get in the way of the facts Redeagl. In WLW, Maith presumes that Kellhus left his Empire to ruin, but that wasn't the case was it? I can keep going on, after you've answered those questions.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2017, 01:17:32 am »
What child of Kellhus's that he brought to term, did he kill? Please enlighten me? You're letting your feeling get in the way of the facts Redeagl. In WLW, Maith presumes that Kellhus left his Empire to ruin, but that wasn't the case was it? I can keep going on, after you've answered those questions.
Kellhus have been able to predict and counter the actions of The Consult yet can't see what an 8 year old kid would do?  well that is impossible.So, he left Theliopa,Samrmas and Inrilatas to die, knowing their fates for the most part. In his first return to Momemn in TJE, he told Esmi that he doesn't give a shit for his Samrnas' death.Then the Niom comes, where he sold Serwa and if you count him; Möenghus.He gave three year old Serwa to the Swayali because he knew that he needed another Dûnyain with the Metagnosis, if he let his love for his children cloud the TTT he certainly wouldn't have done that.We don't know for sure why he returned yet btw. He did tell Proyas in the beginning of TWLW that the Empire is going to fall and seemed like he didn't care.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2017, 01:20:57 am »

Redeagl, in two months you will come to America and bow down to me. Exult, "The Master of theories."..
Aye, a Master you are... A Master of Nothing.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:29:41 am by Redeagl »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2017, 02:09:24 am »
Kellhus have been able to predict and counter the actions of The Consult yet can't see what an 8 year old kid would do?  well that is impossible.So, he left Theliopa,Samrmas and Inrilatas to die, knowing their fates for the most part. In his first return to Momemn in TJE, he told Esmi that he doesn't give a shit for his Samrnas' death.Then the Niom comes, where he sold Serwa and if you count him; Möenghus.He gave three year old Serwa to the Swayali because he knew that he needed another Dûnyain with the Metagnosis, if he let his love for his children cloud the TTT he certainly wouldn't have done that.We don't know for sure why he returned yet btw. He did tell Proyas in the beginning of TWLW that the Empire is going to fall and seemed like he didn't care.

He returned for love, Redeagl. Love

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2017, 10:28:45 am »
Be pretty weird that Kellhus risked the end of humanity for his love of Esmenet when Akka was able to reason himself out of not doing it himself, during the first holy war.

Esme constantly wanted them to just run away but Akka couldn't cause the end of the world. 20 years later Kellhus is unable to resist his love and returns to momenn to save her.

I think he was returning anyway he had to finish the WLW stuff.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2017, 02:27:55 pm »
Be pretty weird that Kellhus risked the end of humanity for his love of Esmenet when Akka was able to reason himself out of not doing it himself, during the first holy war.

Esme constantly wanted them to just run away but Akka couldn't cause the end of the world. 20 years later Kellhus is unable to resist his love and returns to momenn to save her.

I think he was returning anyway he had to finish the WLW stuff.

Oh, he's not risking the end of humanity for Esmenet. Maithenet can just see the love for his children, because Maith is Dunyain and he thinks it clouds his judgement. I think its what gives him the will to keep going on.

ETA: and the way I read the WLW scene, if not for Kelmommas there is no more Kellhus. I believe what he told Esme to be the truth.

ETA: "Everything I say cannot be a lie, so why do insist that it is Scyvlendi?"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:42:32 pm by MSJ »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2017, 02:43:17 pm »
I really doubt Kellhus has risked anything.

Chances are everything is preordained, Kellhus can't really fail, so long as he listens to the Voice.  And we have no indication he has done anything besides listen.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2017, 02:48:04 pm »
I really doubt Kellhus has risked anything.

Chances are everything is preordained, Kellhus can't really fail, so long as he listens to the Voice.  And we have no indication he has done anything besides listen.

Neither do I. My point was that Maithenet, as a Dunyain was able to read the love Kellhus bears his children and family. He thinks this clouds his judgement. I do not.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2017, 02:55:31 pm »
Aye, a Master you are... A Master of Nothing.

A Master of Nothing, aye. I am a Master of my progeny, I Rule the House MSJ.