Miscellaneous Chatter > General Misc.

Explaining Bakker

<< < (8/8)

Bakker User:

--- Quote ---Aphorism of the Day: Give me an eye blind enough, and I will transform guttering candles into exploding stars.
--- End quote ---

Isn't it the other way around?

More information (exploding star) -> bottlenecked data-bus/consciousness (eye blind enough) -> less information (guttering candles)

Have Bakker's aphorisms finally gotten the better of him?  :D

What Came Before:
I read that as something to the affect of the blind are unhindered by vision and, therefore, unconstrained in their imaginings.

Bakker dons the omniscient trickster who leads ignorant (of greater perception, in this case) humans to see beauty in a shit stain. In other words, Kellhus. Though it smacks of Cishaurim (not that I attribute any of these qualities to Bakker in actuality, beyond the aphorism.)

Though, I haven't had the capacity to read the whole post yet. Mornings before the exertion of the day are best.

Through the Brain Darkly is a huge development though. I'll bet it outsells his entire discography...

Callan S.:

--- Quote from: Bakker User on April 30, 2013, 02:12:14 am ---
--- Quote ---Aphorism of the Day: Give me an eye blind enough, and I will transform guttering candles into exploding stars.
--- End quote ---

Isn't it the other way around?

More information (exploding star) -> bottlenecked data-bus/consciousness (eye blind enough) -> less information (guttering candles)

Have Bakker's aphorisms finally gotten the better of him?  :D

--- End quote ---
It suffers a little that way. But you need more information to tell what you're seeing is a guttering candle, not less. It's like when you give a little kid a dollar and they get really, really excited. Because they don't know any better. But yeah, blindness tends to remove information, fuzzifying stuff and making less of more. It does seem more like it's Cishy that way.

Probably something like : Give me an eye small enough and I will transform a guttering candle into a super nova.

'Blind' probably has too many cultural connotations in regards to people recognising they are losing their sight. It doesn't harken much to anognosia or whatever it's called.

Edit: Anosognosia. Sog of sogs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version