Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

The Consult and the Sranc

<< < (2/9) > >>

SilentRoamer:
The first time the Inchoroi used the Sranc they used them as a surprise advantage against the Nonmen after having them tunnelled underground for miles. The Men of the Great Ordeal seem just as surprised by the sheer numbers of the Yoke, it's a similar sort of play by the Inchies.

I think ultimately the Inchoroi play the long game, no reason to unify the whole of the sane Three Seas before fruition of their long game plans.

mrganondorf:
great question Davias!  i had never thought about it!  i guess there would be some concern about losing irreplaceable erratics meanwhile they still want to make Mog.  in their minds, their may be no moves worth making except those which bring back Mog.  1 No-God + 2000 year incubating sranc population means the world is screwed no matter wat (except for the meta-meta-meta-meta-gnosis).

The Sharmat:
In the first trilogy, one of the common arguments employed by Mandate emissaries was "Before the First Apocalypse, Nonmen and Norsira had pressed Sranc to the furthest margins of the world, an the No-God could still summon untold numbers to him. Now, the Sranc have owned and bred across half the known world for two thousand years. If the No-God is reborn, and all the Sranc unite under a single will, we are absolutely fucked."

I think the Consult took exactly the right strategy, given their knowledge. It's not like they could have anticipated the Dunyain. You cannot raise walls against what has been forgotten.

--- Quote from: profgrape on November 07, 2014, 10:30:05 pm ---That all being said, with the majority of the TS military might in the field and chaos throughout the Empire, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if this sort of thing happened in TUC. :-)

--- End quote ---
I think they'll take a different tack. After a year or two of suddenly greatly intensified activity on the borders of the Steppe, halfway through The White Luck Warrior, the Scylvendi tribes go completely quiet.

I expect to hear of a new King-of-Trbes and a united Horde exploding into the Nansurium to worship and rejoice at the immanent return of Lokung soon.

Wilshire:
Scylvendi from the West, Sranc yoke legions from the east. The Ordeal will come home to a ruined wasteland.

themerchant:
The ordeal isn't coming home (in my opinion of course) unless they get to the coffers and find an upturned truck of "three sea ruby slippers" to click 3 times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version