Earwa > The Almanac: TAE Edition

The Slog WLW - Chapter 1 [Spoilers]

<< < (3/3)

Bolivar:

--- Quote ---One Imperial Mathematician, the notorious Mepmerat of Shigek, claimed that the Scalpoi had at last encountered a population of Sranc that could reproduce as fast as they could slaughter—that the Bounty had become futile, in effect. He would be imprisoned for his impious accuracy.
--- End quote ---

Not to beat a dead horse but this further hints that Kellhus is engineering disaster: emptying the Imperial coffers in the name of futility, and imprisoning anyone seditious enough to tell the truth.

H:

--- Quote from: Bolivar on April 11, 2016, 02:22:52 pm ---
--- Quote ---One Imperial Mathematician, the notorious Mepmerat of Shigek, claimed that the Scalpoi had at last encountered a population of Sranc that could reproduce as fast as they could slaughter—that the Bounty had become futile, in effect. He would be imprisoned for his impious accuracy.
--- End quote ---

Not to beat a dead horse but this further hints that Kellhus is engineering disaster: emptying the Imperial coffers in the name of futility, and imprisoning anyone seditious enough to tell the truth.

--- End quote ---

Good point.  That part did strike me as being pertinent, but I am so convinced that Kellhus the the complete opposite of a savior that "proof" fails to really stand out to me anymore.

Bolivar:

--- Quote from: H on April 11, 2016, 02:35:55 pm ---
--- Quote from: Bolivar on April 11, 2016, 02:22:52 pm ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Good point.  That part did strike me as being pertinent, but I am so convinced that Kellhus the the complete opposite of a savior that "proof" fails to really stand out to me anymore.

--- End quote ---
Can't say I blame you

Aural:
Is it a mistake when Akka thinks that the name Ishuäl was uttered to him by a mad barbarian so many years ago? I thought he only heard the name from his dreams.

profgrape:
Good find!  And yes, definitely a mistake, I think.

In TJE, Akka puts a lot of weight on having discovered "a name" in his evolving Dreams. It's pretty clear from the text that Cnaiur only told him that Kellhus wasn't from Atrithau and that the name Ishual came later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version