Suggestion

• 19 Replies

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 08:48:50 pm »
On a separate note, what do you guys think about some remodeling? I know this sounds superficial but the generic forum visual template makes the place look more barren than I think it otherwise would. I definitely think this should be looked into when the unholiest draws near and more people are likely to find their way here.

Also, this hasn't been an issue lately, now that some more Westerosi made their way over, but I think it would be best to encourage posting new topics instead of reviving old threads on them. The zombie Three Seas threads might have the effect of inhibiting more active posting, at least it did for me. Most forums have rules about necro-ing old threads, since someone's less inclined to post a new topic and get a discussion flowing when there's already years and dozens of pages of discussion to read through. This is likely also superficial but I just think it's more inviting when there's lots of shorter, newer threads that you can read quickly and kindle an organic discussion in. This is something that will take care of us the more we post new topics so I'll try to do my part in that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 02:42:12 am »
Both questions have been brought up in the past.

As for the first, we're open to suggestions. If you or anyone else can find and/or make a template from SMF that is satisfactory, let us know. I've looked through them an nothing really jumped out, and Ive no talent for creating. Just no white/light text on a black/dark background - Madness can't handle that. Otherwise, suggest away.

As for new threads, you may be right. We have set a soft limit at 15 pages of comments, but it may be that locking older topics might encourage new posts... However I would guess that those that want to post have and/or do, and forcing people to make new topics isn't likely to encourage more posting, but thats just one man's opinion. If we get some real user input/participation, change is always possible.

We even have a whole board for these kinds of things, as well as a stickied thread called Suggestion Box ;).
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 05:09:25 pm »
Thanks, I'll look into SMF templates, also agree that white on black terrible.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)

Francis Buck

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 11:54:32 pm »
Nixon's part in this Futurama episode is one of my all time favorite bits of the show: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Morning_Fun_Pit

Oh man, I totally forgot about the headless body of Spiro Agnew. I think it's time for a rewatch.