H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 10:34:30 am »
If nothing else they are too powerful an entity to just leave sitting around. What with the sogamat armor impervious to sorcery, and their millenia of schemes and limitless technology.

Yeah, plus it would seem to me that it is not in Kellhus' best interest to leave many self-moving souls around, since they would be the most apt to ruin his plans.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 12:24:45 pm »
Could be why he wanted Akka/Mim to go to Ishual. If he went, they might figure out his intentions to kill all of them. That pair would be sufficiently mad enough to shield Kellhus true intentions from the Dunyain he hopped to lead back to him.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 12:32:03 pm »
Could be why he wanted Akka/Mim to go to Ishual. If he went, they might figure out his intentions to kill all of them. That pair would be sufficiently mad enough to shield Kellhus true intentions from the Dunyain he hopped to lead back to him.

Well, them going to there fits in with what he is doing in disillusioning Proyas.

Somehow, part of his plan hinges on people not believing in him.  I think Kellhus knew basically what they'd find and what it would mean about him and the fact of his the Dunyain damnation.  I don't know that he knew the kid would be alive, or Koringhus, though.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 03:58:43 pm »
Surviving Dunyain may have escaped his plan, or not. Would be an easy thing for him to have visited Ishual, especially under some glamour or hiding his presence magically from Koringhus/boy. I don't think that's particularly likely

Since he probably didn't go and check, the possibility of him disregarding the survival of the Dunyain once the  Consult found them doesn't seem too unlikely.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 11:28:36 am »
Surviving Dunyain may have escaped his plan, or not. Would be an easy thing for him to have visited Ishual, especially under some glamour or hiding his presence magically from Koringhus/boy. I don't think that's particularly likely

Since he probably didn't go and check, the possibility of him disregarding the survival of the Dunyain once the  Consult found them doesn't seem too unlikely.

Yeah, of late now, I am kind of buying Kellhus being both more fallible than we thought, yet also probably knowing more (about certain things, like the Outside) as well.

I think this is one of those times where Kellhus would have written off someone surviving was so unlikely it was not worth considering.  In the same way, do we think he knows the Cnaiür is still alive?  He could probably figure it was possible, but I doubt if he knows it would be a fact.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 03:58:22 pm »
I don't think he cares about Cnaiur.
Kellhus clearly thinks he had bested Cnaiur in the end,a nd even muses that he's in league with the Consult - but again doesnt seem overly concerned.

I doubt he spent any time caring if Cnaiur survived or not. Which may be a fatal mistake. Cnaiur makes a really good point, he outwitted a Dunyain, that on top of everything else that he is makes him quite the wild card.
Still irritates me that Scott  said his story arc was finished because it makes me feel like speculating on Cnaiur is a waste of time.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 04:04:35 pm »
I don't think he cares about Cnaiur.
Kellhus clearly thinks he had bested Cnaiur in the end,a nd even muses that he's in league with the Consult - but again doesnt seem overly concerned.

I doubt he spent any time caring if Cnaiur survived or not. Which may be a fatal mistake. Cnaiur makes a really good point, he outwitted a Dunyain, that on top of everything else that he is makes him quite the wild card.
Still irritates me that Scott  said his story arc was finished because it makes me feel like speculating on Cnaiur is a waste of time.

He could have said "Cnaiur's story is done... for now."  But then we'd all have been waiting/wanting/expecting him to return.  His appearance in TGO would have been no great surprise.  'Here are the Scylvendi, roaming Kuniuri, guess who's leading them?'  Yawn.  I loved that his survival was open to speculation, and it took three books to show him again.  That being said, it's not going to surprise Kellhus he's alive when he finds out.
No whistling on the slog!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 02:33:44 am »
I loved that his survival was open to speculation, and it took three books to show him again.

I too respect Bakker's ability to strike a balance with Cnaiur.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2016, 01:03:01 pm »
Hello, fellow bitten. I wanted this to be my first post since finishing, because hey, I love to gloat! I'm so glad I had the balls to confirm my thoughts on the podcast that Kellhus has indeed started to shed his Dunyain and gain more human emotions. His not abandoning Momemn to utter ruin and his comments to Esme of coming to save them, I believe, confirms this.

Now, another of my outlandish thoughts, he is the "Saviour" of this story, no matter how you slice it. Here's where I think this is all going.

1. I don't think the JE is 100% reliable. That being said, I am not so sure that when Mimara does look on him, she will see both damnation, yet see the possibility for salvation.

2. Kellhus is damned through this current system of the Outside, no doubt about it. The 100 are who rule and feast upon damnation. Its even said that the whole system of worship is set up for damnation sake. There's no avoiding this, as Mimara says, the JE sees the present, not the past or the future. But, I seem to recall in one of the previous JE povs, that she sees the possibility of salvation in one of the scalpers. I'll look that up later.

2. The haloes have no Mark. Malowebi sees this and notes it when Kellhus first appears in Fayanal's tent. So if Malowebi can see them they are not the the haloes of deceit or deception. I believe they are the haloes of possibility.

3. This is where I have to tip my hat to H, and others. I believe he is indeed warring against the Gods, striving towards the Absolute. To essentially, make the God whole again. I think this series will result in him defeating the No-God/Consult, the next will be him warring against the Gods. Again not my own idea, but made clear in TGO.

“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2016, 11:20:51 pm »
Lol - a Zaudunyani. I hope SR returns soon. He can lead your ilk :P.

I'll remain undecided.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2016, 11:23:45 pm »
Lol - a Zaudunyani. I hope SR returns soon. He can lead your ilk :P.

I'll remain undecided.

No, not a Zaudunyani at all. I feel as he said , "it's not about good and evil." I simply belief his way is a better way for humanity. More will be saved, he will be a savior. He ruthless no doubt, but as we've seen he has gained human emotions and they will effect his mission.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 11:29:39 pm »
Ah.

I'll agree with that. Kellhus become a man who was once Dunyain was something I can confirm as calling on ZTS ;).

But Saviour? Still totally undecided.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2016, 03:10:36 pm »
I heard that Adele song "Hello" at work yesterday..."Hello from the Outside"
The...the outside is leaking into the world.
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2016, 12:57:27 am »
Golgotterath should the world's worst Topoi, right?
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 08:03:32 pm »
Golgotterath should the world's worst Topoi, right?
I don't see how it couldn't be.
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.